Kaiser Call Problems

Guest steveoidm

Guest steveoidm

Hi,

I started having problems a few days after I got my kaiser. Pretty often the call cuts out, not for me, I can still hear the other person, but they can only hear some weird static noise and they cant hear me at all. I sent the phone back under htc warrenty. Not sure what they did, but I got the same handset back about 10 days later and I am still having the same problems!

Has anyone else had this? I haven't found a similar situation in this forum. Sometimes it seems to coincide with the backlight going off during a call, although this is not every time. I have tried the registry change to stop it going off. However ths definitely doesnt work for me, the backlight still goes off during a call! Isn't this weird in itself?

Any thoughts greatly apprecated, I am probably going to have to send it back again.

Steve

Hi,

I started having problems a few days after I got my kaiser. Pretty often the call cuts out, not for me, I can still hear the other person, but they can only hear some weird static noise and they cant hear me at all. I sent the phone back under htc warrenty. Not sure what they did, but I got the same handset back about 10 days later and I am still having the same problems!

Has anyone else had this? I haven't found a similar situation in this forum. Sometimes it seems to coincide with the backlight going off during a call, although this is not every time. I have tried the registry change to stop it going off. However ths definitely doesnt work for me, the backlight still goes off during a call! Isn't this weird in itself?

Any thoughts greatly apprecated, I am probably going to have to send it back again.

Steve

Have you tried hard reset on the device even once?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimbouk

Are you in an area with dodgy 3g signals? Does it happen in the same location?

Try dropping it down to GSM (phone, settings, Band) and see if it works well. If that is the case, then its your local area where the 3g strength is just strong enough for your device to see it, but not strong enough to handle voice.

Guest steveoidm

I haven't tried that yet unfortunately, went back to htc today. Will be the first thing I do when I get it back. Sounds like a possibility, although I think it still happens when I am outside in central london.

I can always hear the other person perfectly well though, if the signal was low wouldnt that cause both sides of the conversation to be dodgy?

Steve