Vario/HTC/Tytn2 functionality

Guest stevepool

Guest dolbe666
I know the networks 'fiddle' with the OS of these devices but which network leaves more alone?

normally o2 are known for nearly generic roms, but in this case t-mobile has done pretty good on the vario III. still o2 usually only change the flash boot screen and put an o2 theme on it. all icons and menues are kept like the generic rom (normally) the o2 tytn II hasnt been officially released by o2 but I have seen expansys doing the tytn II with an o2 contract

oh and the HTC tytnII is as it was supposed to be

Edited by dolbe666

I think the Vario III comes out as good as O2 here. They have the Default Theme still there, that removes all of the branding except the boot screen, which you won't see that much. And it only says T-mobile, oh no ;)

Guest stevepool
I think the Vario III comes out as good as O2 here. They have the Default Theme still there, that removes all of the branding except the boot screen, which you won't see that much. And it only says T-mobile, oh no ;)

And dare I ask about the Orange version ?!?

Guest dolbe666

the o2 theme can be chaged like any other theme through settings/today. its not any more than that. its not like the old t-mobile theme that carried through the today screen and menus including that awfull dial screen. luckily they didnt do that this time though. 

we wont know for sure though untill the o2 version is released, ive

Orange version:

http://www.modaco.com/content/Pocket-PC-Pr...yTN-II-Oh-dear/

I concur with others here that T-Mobile's treatment of the Kaiser is very discreet. there's a de-brander pinned at the top of this forum to get rid of the pink Comm manager and HTC Home icons. apply that and you're laughing ;)

Oh and remove the unnecessary Anti-virus that gets installed

Guest Neil5459
..we wont know for sure though untill the o2 version is released, iv

not seen any pictures of it on the web yet

There's a small picture of it here on 4WM, (the genuine device, not a mockup!) pending the imminent full review.

Looks pretty much like the HTC version.

Guest jimbouk

Other than the homescreen (easily changed) and some icons, the O rom is fine. It is fast and stable. They have added in things like a 7 day trial for Orange Sat Nav and one or two other Orange apps and yes there are a few low res Orange icons... but so what?

The device is fast, stable and things like HSDPA work straight out of the box.