Tmobile hsdpa + 3g settings please help

Guest Toufas

i tried phoning the tech support today, got the tytnII told them its the t-mobile vario 3 as they wouldnt understand what i was talking about....

i need someone to give me the cab for the settings, or tell me the settings that i have to do.

Right now, from kaisers setup manager, the connection wasnt working, i edited the "Username should be: t-mobile Password should be: tm" myself, nothing changed

i get the "answering modem has disconnected" and a popup saying "There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in your registered home network"

i get the small 3g icon on the taskbar, device hasnt had any modifications apart from pauls cab that i am going to install now.

Edited by Toufas

i tried phoning the tech support today, got the tytnII told them its the t-mobile vario 3 as they wouldnt understand what i was talking about....

i need someone to give me the cab for the settings, or tell me the settings that i have to do.

Right now, from kaisers setup manager, the connection wasnt working, i edited the "Username should be: t-mobile Password should be: tm" myself, nothing changed

i get the "answering modem has disconnected" and a popup saying there is a problem connecting to the gprs service in your home network"

i get the small 3g icon on the taskbar, device hasnt had any modifications apart from pauls cab that i am going to install now.

Go to here http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/phone-support/

and enter your number to get the settings sent to your phone then if it doesnt fix it follow the steps below (which I used to set up a T-Mobile connection on my Vodafone V1615)

start

settings

Connections Tab

Connections Icon

Advanced Tab

Select Networks

Under Programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using:

Choose T-Mobile Inter.

Edit

Choose T-Mobile GPRS and "Edit"

Connection name should be: T-Mobile GPRS

Next

Access point Name should be: general.t-mobile.uk

Next

User name : user

Password: one2one

Finish

Choose T-Mobile Inter.

Edit

Connection name should be: T-Mobile Inter.

Next

Access point Name should be: general.t-mobile.uk

Next

User name : user

Password: one2one

Domain: leave blank

Finish

To do the MMS settings

Start

Messaging

SMS/MMS

Menu

MMS Options

Servers Tab

Choose New if T-mobile not present

Server name T-Mobile Picture Messaging or whatever u feel

Gateway 149.254.201.135

Port number : 8080

Server address: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

Connect via: T-Mobile Inter

Set as default

Test MMS by sending picture message to yourself

thats what i had, again same popup :/

for the record, the page you gave me did nothing, i got a text saying this is your pin you will need to enter it , but no other texts after that.

Edited by Toufas

all done...the people in tmobile had disabled gprs on my account, they even enabled hsdpa now and everything works

just did a speed test got 175kbit/sec from dspreports.com

Edited by Toufas

Guest jimbouk
all done...the people in tmobile had disabled gprs on my account, they even enabled hsdpa now and everything works

just did a speed test got 175kbit/sec from dspreports.com

Thats slow. H should be 800plus