How to change Shadow's Neo Theme

Guest kwoodall

Those are great, Im using the black one right now :-)

For some reason when I try to edit some of the files on my computer with photoshop I get a invalid jpeg marker error. Does anyone know why?

Edited by jmoak

These mods are sweet, did any of you guys manage to find out how to edit the contact picture size for incoming and outgoing calls, or if there is a mod out there for that like the one suggested on the first page in this thread?

Guest Honestly77

Dunno if this has been asked...but can you customize the start menu icons...so they aren't so pixelized?

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Honestly77

I haven't seen one yet so just wanted to share my mod of the NEO home screen clock font. Basically, I did not like the digital clock font/typeface for the home screen so I created one which looks like this:

post-326952-1197640503_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested in knowing how I did this mod let me know and I will post details.

Guest Honestly77
I haven't seen one yet so just wanted to share my mod of the NEO home screen clock font. Basically, I did not like the digital clock font/typeface for the home screen so I created one which looks like this:

If anyone is interested in knowing how I did this mod let me know and I will post details.

Please post details :( also...I like that color scheme...think I could get that from you? p p please? :D

Guest fusionspill
I didn't even bother to resize the icons and the neo interface will shrink them to fit. It's kind of neat having the icons being so big and a little overflowing and bleeding off the screen.

how did you change the icon size though? I changed a few of my icons but they're still the same small size as the default neo icons.

or do I have to change all the icons for the size to change?

Guest badbob001
how did you change the icon size though? I changed a few of my icons but they're still the same small size as the default neo icons.

or do I have to change all the icons for the size to change?

I did not change the icon sizes. The icons I downloaded are 128x128 in size. The default ones are 55x55. So the neo interface reduced my 128x128 icons to something between 128x128 and 55x55. You only have to change the size of icons that you want to change. It'll be perfectly fine to leave the inactive_state icons at a small size and only enlarge the active_state icons for an extra pop effect. The home icon (second talk bubble icon) has four states, unlike the other icons that only use two.

Hello, I just created cabs for different color themes for the Shadow, you can see how they look like in my personal site @freddyreyes.com:

Neo Blue Theme: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=159

Neo Black Theme: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=157

and if you want to go back the original T-Mobile Brown theme: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=158

Those cabs also change the "application background" (what you see when you click on "start") and bar colors to match the themes.

Enjoy it.

I'm glad you liked it.

Guest herebigfishy

How did you get that dark purple theme... Looks great.. do you have a file for that theme??? good looking clock. Nice work

How did you get that dark purple theme... Looks great.. do you have a file for that theme??? good looking clock. Nice work

The purple theme: I am actually using the default brown theme but with edited graphics by doing a color swapping change (RGB to BRG). For the color change I simply took the graphic files (as noted earlier in this thread) and changed them using IrfanView and GIMP (for those with the transparent background) then copied them back over the ones in the \windows folder on the SP.

The clock font: The clock font is actually a bitmap font, where the numbers and hh:mm separator are basically a number or the separator character on a 22x32 px or 5x14 px (I modded this to 6x15 px) transparent background respectively. On the Shadow, the files are in: \windows\CHome_clock_*_large.png.

What I did was:

1. in GIMP create a transparent background, large enough to type all the numbers in the size needed
  2. using the text tool, select the desired font and size then type all the numbers (0-9) in white text (or your desired color) on the transparent background
  3. copy/paste each number individually onto a 22x32 px transparent background and save the result as the appropriate number (e.g. number 0 as CHome_clock_0_large.png etc.)
  4. replaced the files CHome_clock_*_large.png on the smart phone
  5. do a soft reset...and that's it!

Guest fusionspill
I did not change the icon sizes. The icons I downloaded are 128x128 in size. The default ones are 55x55. So the neo interface reduced my 128x128 icons to something between 128x128 and 55x55. You only have to change the size of icons that you want to change. It'll be perfectly fine to leave the inactive_state icons at a small size and only enlarge the active_state icons for an extra pop effect. The home icon (second talk bubble icon) has four states, unlike the other icons that only use two.

thankyou, i actually figured out about the icon size after I made the post.

I like the bg jmoak, be cool if it was animated.

Can someone tell me what image file is the start menu background? i thought its Chome_Start_background.jpg

every file I try its not updating on the phone.

Edited by fusionspill

Can someone tell me what image file is the start menu background? i thought its Chome_Start_background.jpg

every file I try its not updating on the phone.

Its should be t-mobilebasicbrown.jpg. There is a registery setting that picks what image to use. t-mobilebasicbrown.jpg is the default

I removed it because I didn't want the T-Zones crap on there. I also didnt feel like changing the icons to something else yet.

Edited by jmoak

Guest the_matrixx

Ok, how did you change the clock font?

Guest alex55030
Here is my current theme. I like this one much more then the last. LMK what you guys think

Wow that's awesome, I would love to have mine look like that lol Good work!

I created cabs for my own version of the Neo Blue Theme:

http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=159

Neo Black Theme:

http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=157

Neo Green Theme:

http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=162

iPhone Theme:

http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=161

and if you want to go back the original T-Mobile theme:

http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=158

Enjoy it.

post-140306-1197989766_thumb.jpg