Slow clock

Guest Kaiser-Chief

Guest Kaiser-Chief

Hi everyone,

Something really strange happened last night. My TyTN2 lost 3 hours during the night, I checked it before I went to sleep and the time was right, I woke up this morning, at what I thought was 3:50am and it was actually 6:50am, I was nearly late for work!!!

Anybody have any idea why it should do this?

Cheers

Guest Kaiser-Chief

Just a thought, is there any software that would allow me to view event logs stored on the PDA? That way I might be able to find out when the clock actually changed.

Guest Snooginsguy
Just a thought, is there any software that would allow me to view event logs stored on the PDA? That way I might be able to find out when the clock actually changed.

You might check installed apps, see if there is something related to the clock (alarm apps, etc.) I had a problem using the HTC Home screen (the one with the big digital clock) where it would show a slower time output than the little clock in the top toolbar after being in standby - it would be off by more time the longer the phone was in standby. I stopped using that homescreen and haven't noticed any other problem with the time. Also, you might turn off the Task Manager on the home screen - Open the Task Manager (the little bars at the top right corner of the screen) and on the Button tab uncheck the option to Enable Quick Menu on today screen. Not sure if this will help, but it seems to have fixed others' issues with the alarms not going ontil the phone is awakened from standby.

Exact same thing is happening with mine now and again. Loses a few hours. Weird thing is that the PHONE knows what time it is, so if you soft-reset it sorts the correct time.

Have tried the disable quick menu as above, to see if that is the problem.