Left on direction keypad not working

Guest effin

This started about 1.5 months ago. The left button on the directional keypad doesn't work. (The up button if the keyboard is open.) All of the direction(arrow) keys on the keyboard work fine. It started working again last week, and then this morning it stopped working again.

I can't hold down a number key for speed dial anymore. It only interprets it as a number. I also can't scroll in IE or mail. It's like the phone will no longer interpret a held key as repeating. Oh, and when this happens the camera button on the side of the phone doesn't work. I have to use the start menu shortcut to activate the camera.

When I slide open/close the keyboard the directional key activates. What do I mean? When I open the keyboard, whatever application I am in will interpret an "Up" keypress. When I close the keyboard it will interpret a "Left" keypress. To give an example, if I am in my Outlook email folder with the keyboard open and I close the keyboard I will be moved backwards to my text messages folder.

Has anybody else experienced this? Do you think it is hardware or software related? I haven't done a hard reset because I don't feel like reconfiguring everything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob