Changing the 'Contacts' right key option

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

To change the 'Contacts' right key option (the default on the 'home' icon), browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock and set the following entries:

SK2TEXT - the text you want to see on the softkey

SK2URL - the filename of the app you wish to open when pressed.

Piece of cake ;)

P

Guest palmsolo
To change the 'Contacts' right key option (the default on the 'home' icon), browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock and set the following entries:

SK2TEXT - the text you want to see on the softkey

SK2URL - the filename of the app you wish to open when pressed.

Piece of cake ;)

P

Cool. Why would you really need Contacts when you have Smart Dial anyways. Now to think about what app I would like to put there, hmm....

Guest palmsolo
I think i'll probably put messaging there... as it's what I use most by far.

P

I actually put PocketBible there, but have the wrong shortcut. All they had there before was :MSCONTACTS. Can you tell me the format for the shortcut that I should put there? For example, I have PocketBible on my storage card. I am thinking I should create a shortcut to the application and place it in the same place as MSCONTACTS, right?

Guest palmsolo
Yes, just the full format, e.g. \Storage Card\Porogram Files\Pocket Bible\Filename.exe, in quotes may help.

P

Got it! I wasn't erasing the : that was sitting on the far left of the line. Thanks, I look forward to more tweaking ;)

Guest palmsolo
How to you find the file name for the applications on the phone

I used the File Explorer to find the executable program file and then hit the right menu to view the properties. This will give you the name of the program that you should use.

• 8 months later...
Guest notaliberal

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having trouble setting the right soft key to start the voice command. I've got Voice in the SK2text, and in the SK2URL I've got \windows\voicecmd.exe.

Every time I reboot, it's still the contacts listed, and it still opens the contacts. What am I doing wrong? I've tried with and without the quotes around it...

Please advise,

THanks,

Jeff

(oh, and Paul, what path did you use to get the messaging there? Wasn't sure which executable to point to.. Can't decide between that or the voice command - not that I can get either to work. :D )

Thanks,

Edited by notaliberal