Sandisk 8GB MicroSD

Guest dolbe666

Guest dolbe666

I just found the Sandisk 8GB MicroSD card on sale athe sandisk shop site for £40 its the cheapest ive seen anywhere and its free delivery

http://www.sandiskshop.co.uk/sandisk-8gb-m...sd-p-11142.html

ebay has them for £57

mymemory.co.uk has them on pre-order for £54.99

mobymemory.co.uk has them for £51.99

Edited by dolbe666

Guest dolbe666
good thing is that i dont think i will fill a 4gb card, let alone an 8GB!

heh thats what I thought up untill this evening when i was left with just 300mb of a 4GB card. try putting a couple of films on transcoded with a decent output and you will see that 4GB get eaten fast. that and mp3 albums at 320kb/s

Are the 8GB cards actaully shipping from UK resellers ? This reseller states they are in stock.

and that price is a big difference to the other resellers on ebay etc

Edit...the price is now £47....... dam!

Edited by bocsta

Guest dolbe666

its being processed i just got my email stating its going to be dispatched. as for the price its a bit wierd. it shows £40 whenever i log into the site yet others are seeing the price at £47. All i can think of is the price is lower if your a registered member. so try signing up first then check the price

thats the list i just took a screenshot of from the site http://www.metalmafia.co.uk/fanny/sandisk3.jpg

and this is the link i used http://www.sandiskshop.co.uk/micro-sd-card...-c-65_1823.html and it just showed £40 as the price. I may remove my cookies and cache and see if it shows different for unregistered guests

Edit: ok i went on the site using a different browser and checked the price and it was £47

I then logged in to my account and checked the price again and it was £40

So I would recomend signing up first if you are wanting to get it at £40

Edited by dolbe666

its being processed i just got my email stating its going to be dispatched. as for the price its a bit wierd. it shows £40 whenever i log into the site yet others are seeing the price at £47. All i can think of is the price is lower if your a registered member. so try signing up first then check the price

thats the list i just took a screenshot of from the site http://www.metalmafia.co.uk/fanny/sandisk3.jpg

and this is the link i used http://www.sandiskshop.co.uk/micro-sd-card...-c-65_1823.html and it just showed £40 as the price. I may remove my cookies and cache and see if it shows different for unregistered guests

Edit: ok i went on the site using a different browser and checked the price and it was £47

I then logged in to my account and checked the price again and it was £40

So I would recomend signing up first if you are wanting to get it at £40

For some reason the prices DOLBE666 saw were the VAT exclusive prices and have now been corrected......

Still £47 is a good price but I have been unable to contact them by phone to confirm that they have them in stock. The phone ansers as ikle.co.uk This site doesnt even show the 8gb cards!

So DOLBE666, let us know when you get your card please

Edited by bocsta

Guest sc0user_75
i was wondering this when buying my 4GB card. it said HC on it but i wasnt sure what it meant. maybe it means faster data transfer?

Transform, did the SDHC card work without any problems?

I've found a place that does 8gb SDHC cards WITH a USB card reader for £56 - and they say on their website that they have a few in stock!! But we all know how trust worthy these quotes are ;)

Guest dolbe666

the wierd thing is they only took £40 out of my bank for the card. and it showed £40 as subtotal and £40 as the total on the checkout

http://www.metalmafia.co.uk/fanny/sandisk.jpg

so they didnt add Vat to the proce at checkout

anyway £47 is still a better price than anywhere on ht eweb ive seen and it does come with the usb adapter also

I guess I was just lucky I got it for £40 ;)

Guest sc0user_75
the wierd thing is they only took £40 out of my bank for the card. and it showed £40 as subtotal and £40 as the total on the checkout

http://www.metalmafia.co.uk/fanny/sandisk.jpg

so they didnt add Vat to the proce at checkout

anyway £47 is still a better price than anywhere on ht eweb ive seen and it does come with the usb adapter also

I guess I was just lucky I got it for £40 ;)

Dolbe, was this the Micro SD card? or Micro SDHC card?

Guest dolbe666
Dolbe, was this the Micro SD card? or Micro SDHC card?

any micro sd card above 4GB is SDHC. regular SD cards have a 4GB limitation of size although they tend to sell 4GB and higher with SDHC. on that site the 4,6,and 8GB cards are SDHC.

So an answer to your question is yes It is a Micro SDHC card ;)

Guest sc0user_75
any micro sd card above 4GB is SDHC. regular SD cards have a 4GB limitation of size although they tend to sell 4GB and higher with SDHC. on that site the 4,6,and 8GB cards are SDHC.

So an answer to your question is yes It is a Micro SDHC card ;)

Thanks Dolbe. Gonna put in an order when I get home tonight.

Guest Transform
Transform, did the SDHC card work without any problems?

I've found a place that does 8gb SDHC cards WITH a USB card reader for £56 - and they say on their website that they have a few in stock!! But we all know how trust worthy these quotes are ;)

i dont know i havent recieved it yet! i hope so though!

Guest dolbe666

I can confirm SDHC card do work on the TYTN II my 4Gb SDHC micro sd card works perfectly and has an exremely fast transfer speed through pc and phone, faster than my 4GB usb fash storage pen.

As soon as I recieve the 8GB SDHC sandisk MicroSD I will report back as to how well it performs in comparison with the 4Gb SDHC MicroSD card I've got in there now

The HC isn SDHC stands for High Capacity btw. Although the transfer speeds are faster also

Edited by dolbe666

Guest mbriody

Have you been able to use the tracking link they sent in their email?

The link asks you select the first 3 characters from your order from a pull down list. However my order starts "SAN" and it isn't one of the options on the list and you can't type your own value in.

I can confirm SDHC card do work on the TYTN II my 4Gb SDHC micro sd card works perfectly and has an exremely fast transfer speed through pc and phone, faster than my 4GB usb fash storage pen.

As soon as I recieve the 8GB SDHC sandisk MicroSD I will report back as to how well it performs in comparison with the 4Gb SDHC MicroSD card I've got in there now

The HC isn SDHC stands for High Capacity btw. Although the transfer speeds are faster also

Guest dolbe666
Have you been able to use the tracking link they sent in their email?

The link asks you select the first 3 characters from your order from a pull down list. However my order starts "SAN" and it isn't one of the options on the list and you can't type your own value in.

No iI havent actually, I may send them an email stating that issue. Ive got  the same SAN-**** order number and it isnt in the options for tracking

Guest sc0user_75
No iI havent actually, I may send them an email stating that issue. Ive got the same SAN-**** order number and it isnt in the options for tracking

Dolbe, dont wanna scare you or nothing, but I received an email from them today saying that the 8gb cards weren't in stock. They said they may get them back in 2 weeks. Hopefully yours was sent out though.

Guest dolbe666
Dolbe, dont wanna scare you or nothing, but I received an email from them today saying that the 8gb cards weren't in stock. They said they may get them back in 2 weeks. Hopefully yours was sent out though.

well ive just checked my email and they havent sent me that. so hopefully its been sent out. i suppose putting their link in here and on another forum got them quite a bit more business than expected if they ran out ;)

Edit: damn spoke too soon

Am afraid that this item is out of stock and am sorry to say that we haven't got a date of when it will be back in stock.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Edited by dolbe666

Guest sc0user_75
well ive just checked my email and they havent sent me that. so hopefully its been sent out. i suppose putting their link in here and on another forum got them quite a bit more business than expected if they ran out ;)

Edit: damn spoke too soon

Am afraid that this item is out of stock and am sorry to say that we haven't got a date of when it will be back in stock.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Sorry for jinxing you dude.

I have a sneaky feeling that they never actually had these in stock. It's a trick some retailers use to draw in pre-sales. They put up a very very cheap price to get the orders in. Hopefully as you already put an order in at that price you'll get it for that much.

Same thing happened to me over the weekend. I ordered a music player for my wife. Cheaper than any other retailer by far, so I went with em. Order went through. Then Monday afternoon I get an email saying they no longer had item in stock!

Guest mbriody

I've not had the out of stock email yet but given the other experiences here I'm not hopeful.

My order is still sitting at 'processing' on the main site and I requested a call back earlier today but haven't heard from them.

I have a sneaky feeling that they never actually had these in stock. It's a trick some retailers use to draw in pre-sales. They put up a very very cheap price to get the orders in. Hopefully as you already put an order in at that price you'll get it for that much.

Same thing happened to me over the weekend. I ordered a music player for my wife. Cheaper than any other retailer by far, so I went with em. Order went through. Then Monday afternoon I get an email saying they no longer had item in stock!

I have found no online shops in the UK with the 8gb cards.

Once Sandisk UK take delivery of the first batch, then every reseller in the UK will have them. No one in the US has them or Asia.

That shop is bullshit. Misleading advertising that they were in stock.

Even the Ebay shops state "pre orders" and give a date which has been constantly revised to a later date.