Different languages/dictionnaries for Shadow?

Guest guiyoforward

Guest guiyoforward

hi, suretyoe is great... if you mostly type in english. anyone with an actual shadow can tell me if it has other languages incorporated into th erom, or if this can be easily changed? thansk!!

Guest mmmaiki
It only ships with English, theoretically adding other languages is fairly trivial if u know how.

P

Of course it could learn words in other languages from you, but that could take a while, to build up a vocabulary.

I don't know how adding full dictionaries in other languages would be "trivial", unless they are available to download and install to the phone.

I think they should be available to download. Even if the phone is now only available in the U.S., it will most likely be available in other countries later. (Seems like some of you are already using it in England.) Besides, Spanish is a very common language here in the U.S., increasingly so. A Spanish dictionary should be available, now.

Haven't there been other phones released before, using that same predictive text system? Have some of them been released in non-English-speaking countries? If so, I would think there would be dictionaries available in other languages, which T-Mobile should make available to Shadow users.

Have you (the OP) contacted T-Mobile about this issue. See if there is a solution. If not currently, let them know that is something they should provide.

Guest mmmaiki
As I said, adding dictionaries should be straightforward, i'll look into it.

P

Probably. But the question is--are the dictionaries available for download, so one can add them?

Guest guiyoforward

thanks for the fast reply. I trust paul in that it shouldn't be too hard. tmobile doesn't care about latinos in the us (they'll pay in terms of market share!) and they will probably won't release downloadable dictionnaries, but probably copying the files from other win mo phones shouldn't be hard. Is there any other winmo phone with suretype and with dictionnary available in other languages?

thanks again!

PS: perhaps the subforum should be Juno-Shadow, it would be less cryptic!