i600 Australian Version

Guest lostingps

Guest lostingps

Hi, I have an australian Optus version of the i600 Blackjack with a version number of i600DTGE2.

I have experienced alot of trouble installing software from both CAB files and executables from active sync. Basically the install goes through but the program fails after launch or the install just freezes the phone and requires a soft reset.

I spoke to Samsung Australia tech support and was advised that there is a limitation on the software that can be installed onto this device and that I should wait for a WM6 upgrade.

To me this sounds a bit outragous and I was wondering if I upgrade to the unsinged version of WM5 from the wiki page on this site wether it will make my WM5 smart phone operate any differently or does it just open the admin features on WM5 to allow the WM6 upgrade?

Finally if I go the whole hog and upgrade to WM6 on the Australian version phone will it work if I use the UK local settings or does the upgrade need to be registered within the samsung site for my phone to work? The reason I ask is when I input my version number on the samsung upgrade site it does not reconize my version number and let me proceed.

Any help appreciated...