A few hopefully final questions

Guest Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura

OK I've been using the WM6 for a month now and it looks like the following issues are the ones that are bugging me...

Any help would be warmly welcome.

[1] Wireless activesync - I used to be able to activesync over wireless this doesn't seem to work with WM6

[2] Easy switching on and off of Inbox mail checking (without going to options-accounts-setup etc etc etc)

[3] Htc album/video/camera shortcuts needed with their commandline parameters.

[4] Best browser ? I have settled with Opera Mobile - I've tried Netfront, Operamini, PIE, minimo

Cheers

SA

Guest jimbouk
OK I've been using the WM6 for a month now and it looks like the following issues are the ones that are bugging me...

Any help would be warmly welcome.

[1] Wireless activesync - I used to be able to activesync over wireless this doesn't seem to work with WM6

Correct - wireless activesync with pc clients was disabled in AS 4 and WM5 onwards. It is possible with some very convoluted mucking about with network and IP settings etc.

[2] Easy switching on and off of Inbox mail checking (without going to options-accounts-setup etc etc etc)

There isnt an easy way to disable just mail polling, but there are one click apps that turn off data - so probably a good work around for you?

[3] Htc album/video/camera shortcuts needed with their commandline parameters.

Have you tried using resco file explorer and had a look at the shortcuts the apps install?

[4] Best browser ? I have settled with Opera Mobile - I've tried Netfront, Operamini, PIE, minimo

Opera Mobile's my preferred one.

Guest Neil5459

1)Wireless Activesync was dropped with the release of AS 4.0 as it was seen as a potential security risk. Apparently MS are considering reactivating it in 'a future release' due to the number of complaints it has generated.

2) Can you use Activesync/Schedule and switch to 'Manual' when you don't want a scheduled checking? When this is selected, open the Inbox and tap Menu/Send Receive to do a sync.

Guest jimbouk
2) Can you use Activesync/Schedule and switch to 'Manual' when you don't want a scheduled checking? When this is selected, open the Inbox and tap Menu/Send Receive to do a sync.

That only works for exchange server accounts though (albeit its great just opening com mgr and turning off directpush) - but I guess the OP's issue is with polling his pop accounts.

Guest Subliminal Aura
That only works for exchange server accounts though (albeit its great just opening com mgr and turning off directpush) - but I guess the OP's issue is with polling his pop accounts.

Yup I'm checking my IMAP accounts and so turning 'data connection' off is pointless as POE will re-establish the connection as per the allotted check duration.

Do you think I should try a differnt mail client ?

And thankyou gentlemen for answering my questions.

@Neil

" 2) Can you use Activesync/Schedule and switch to 'Manual' when you don't want a scheduled checking? When this is selected, open the Inbox and tap Menu/Send Receive to do a sync. "

You've completely lost me there !

EDIT OK jimbos response makes sense now.

I guess I could hack a quick script to enable/disable checking of the mail account.

Finally ;) @ microsoft for disabling Activesync overwifi - It used to be so fast too !

Edited by Subliminal Aura

Guest dolbe666

I really reconmend Netfront v3.3 as a browser. ITs got more functions than PIE or opera. and the option to go jump back and forward a page using the d-pad is an option neither opera or PIE have and the fack you can sellect links using the D-pad also is very usefull. untill opera manages to do that I'm sticking with Netfront. maybe the long awaited opera 9 due out soon will make me switch back to opera

Oh and minomo was Dire, the worst browser ive ever tried

Edited by dolbe666

Guest Subliminal Aura

Thanks dolbe think I have already tried all the major browsers with opera mobile and netfront coming up top for myself too.

Guess this leaves a good mail client to search for

Guest Menneisyys
I really reconmend Netfront v3.3 as a browser. ITs got more functions than PIE or opera. and the option to go jump back and forward a page using the d-pad is an option neither opera or PIE have and the fack you can sellect links using the D-pad also is very usefull. untill opera manages to do that I'm sticking with Netfront. maybe the long awaited opera 9 due out soon will make me switch back to opera

Oh and minomo was Dire, the worst browser ive ever tried

In Opera Mobile, you can press 8 to cycle to next window. (Also see http://www.winmobiletech.com/072007SPWebBrowsers/chart.html , linked form my Smartphone Web Browsing Bible at http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-G...ra-Mini-4-beta/ )

If you don't have a hardware dialpad / thumbboard, you can easily assign sending "8" (or, if you edit input.ini, any other alphanumeric) character / numeral to Opera Mobile. See my Button Bible ( http://www.modaco.com/content/forum/260601...ile-Mini-users/ ) for more info on this. It's really easy.