T-Mobile offer upgraded MDA Touch

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

T-Mobile UK are now offering the upgraded 256MB / 128MB Touch for purchase, bumping the specs to match that of the Ted Baker Needle, and giving the Touch device the memory it's always needed.

No word yet on whether the new device features a ROM update to include the new 12 and 20 key soft keyboards, but it seems likely! If you got your grubby little mitts on one already, let us know ;)

You find the device on the T-Mobile UK website.

Thanks Tom for the tip!

P

PS As an owner of an original MDA Touch, i'm a lil bit disappointed they didn't ship it this way in the first place...

mdatouch256.jpg

Guest xorangefirex

There we are, the phone the Touch should have been originally. I think Touch owners would have been more than happy to wait a few weeks while they put the proper amount of memory and RAM on the phone, but I guess thats the problem with us techies, no patience.

Guest blueflash
There we are, the phone the Touch should have been originally. I think Touch owners would have been more than happy to wait a few weeks while they put the proper amount of memory and RAM on the phone, but I guess thats the problem with us techies, no patience.

Yeh but what about the CPU aint it the same as on the Vario? which on mine is too slow, what new phones offer decent speed and dont crash too often

Guest bydandie
The new touch config feels pretty speedy, as does the Shadow, which has the same hardware.

P

Paul,

Do you find the screen more responsive at all with the enhanced Touch?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well, I find the missus' Ted Baker needle a lot better than the MDA Touch, but I don't know if I had a duff MDA Touch or what. It's still not as good as I'd like, but better!

P

Guest bydandie
Well, I find the missus' Ted Baker needle a lot better than the MDA Touch, but I don't know if I had a duff MDA Touch or what. It's still not as good as I'd like, but better!

P

Hmm,

I've just swapped out my original Touch for a new one (Totally different experience now I'm a business customer), as I had waves under the screen and thought that was causing the problem. Still not happy with the replacement but will see how it goes for a couple of days and if no better will ask to exchange for the new 256Mb Touch. This is could just be due to a lack of RAM for the digitiser, so watch this space.

Guest bydandie
Hmm,

I've just swapped out my original Touch for a new one (Totally different experience now I'm a business customer), as I had waves under the screen and thought that was causing the problem. Still not happy with the replacement but will see how it goes for a couple of days and if no better will ask to exchange for the new 256Mb Touch. This is could just be due to a lack of RAM for the digitiser, so watch this space.

Well got the new 256Mb Touch now, and it's snappier although has none of the new HTC apps! ;) A bit of a missed opportunity if you ask me (Maybe the cynic in me thinks that HTC want the Dual to sell rather than the enhanced Touch against the new Ted Baker line).

Guest bydandie
So no new keypad? (that's all that's new on the needle)

P

No new keyboard, album, or any of the other goodies on the Touch Dual. TBH, the device is snappy and I can install the apps I want to into main memory now, so I'm a happy camper. I'm going to run some benchmarks as I have the other Touch until I send it back next week. You can install the other apps from the usual places, so I'm not too fussed with that either it's just a lost opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.