Best Stereo bluetooth headset ?

Guest Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura

Why do I get the feeling that this area is still immature...

As per this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341291

Have any of you tried any of the products mentioned ?

I am leaning towards the DS980

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=149111

but it looks like it nor any of the others can access the contacts list ?

Edited by Subliminal Aura

Morning,

I bought the motorola S9

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=144899

and Im very impressed the volume is excellent and the range is amazing works easily 20 metres away through 1 wall. (bluetooth adapter on my computer) on my vario 2 it works well although no more than 5 metres away.

Only downside is it is not very adjustable so be sure it is comfortable for your head before plunging. (carphone ware house have them to try on and see)

other wise very good headset for music and the like

Jeremy

Guest Subliminal Aura

Cancelled my order of the W100 as it was just not worth the grief even for £19inc vat and delivery.

DS980 should be with me in the next couple of days but I'm not holding out much hope for it as I believe it too has problems :|

Guest andysalmon

I'm very happy with these which at £18 delivered can't be sneezed at. Being SE sound quality is good, the control unit is basic (only answers/makes calls, activates Voice Command and volume) but is compact and light. The clip is rather thin and would benefit from being broader but the system works well and the ear buds are supplied with in the ear canal buds or in the external ear type buds so are very secure and whether or not some see it as a minus point, they cut out a lot of external noise and importantly for me fit well under a motorcycle helmet and dont hurt after a while.

Edited by andysalmon

Guest Tothotspur

so how good is the sound on this bluetooth stereo headset? i am considering buying a pair instead of the W100 wired remote

edit: just seen some other threads and the Jabra BT320s seems to be highly thought of. Im quite fussy with how music sounds so is there much of a drop in quality with a bluetooth set?

Edited by Tothotspur

Guest Disco Stu

I only know the Motorola headsets and I'm fairly fussy about sound quality.

What I mean is I listen to techno mostly and I like a full phat sound and I reckon you'll be surprised how good the reproduction is. Mostly it depends on the quality of the files you're playing and the media player on your phone. Get a good media player (like Pocket Player) and you will get a certain amount of control over EQ and the usual presets to play with.

Guest hotphil
so how good is the sound on this bluetooth stereo headset? i am considering buying a pair instead of the W100 wired remote

edit: just seen some other threads and the Jabra BT320s seems to be highly thought of. Im quite fussy with how music sounds so is there much of a drop in quality with a bluetooth set?

A week in to owning my BT320s and I think I'm quite happy with it. Have isolated the dropouts I had to being a range issue (Kaiser in pannier on back of my bike and BT320s around my neck - I had kinda hoped it would cope with this). The sound quality is OK, but there is a little background hiss that I can hear with my headphones (not so noticeable with the supplied headphones). I think that if you approach it with the understanding it's never going to be as good as a wired headset attached to a dedicated device, it's acceptable. And for £20 I'm OK with it. There's a firmware update available that may improve connectivity, but as the BT320s seems to use a special 'flat' USB cable that my standard 'flat' USB cable doesn't fit, I can't flash it :(

Guest Subliminal Aura

I'm currently listening via pocket player 3.5 : Bumped the equaliser - wow what a difference in quality in comparison to wmp.

Only snag is that I cant control pocket player from the dongle.

SA

Guest Tothotspur
I only know the Motorola headsets and I'm fairly fussy about sound quality.

What I mean is I listen to techno mostly and I like a full phat sound and I reckon you'll be surprised how good the reproduction is. Mostly it depends on the quality of the files you're playing and the media player on your phone. Get a good media player (like Pocket Player) and you will get a certain amount of control over EQ and the usual presets to play with.

i considered the motorola s9 but i think it would bother me, but have heard many mixed reports about it which put me off, such as the sound cutting out quite often

A week in to owning my BT320s and I think I'm quite happy with it. Have isolated the dropouts I had to being a range issue (Kaiser in pannier on back of my bike and BT320s around my neck - I had kinda hoped it would cope with this). The sound quality is OK, but there is a little background hiss that I can hear with my headphones (not so noticeable with the supplied headphones). I think that if you approach it with the understanding it's never going to be as good as a wired headset attached to a dedicated device, it's acceptable. And for £20 I'm OK with it. There's a firmware update available that may improve connectivity, but as the BT320s seems to use a special 'flat' USB cable that my standard 'flat' USB cable doesn't fit, I can't flash it :(

thanks, for your input, i think the problem is that for slightly more i can have the wired headset so is it doesn't sound like this pair are worth buying as i know the hiss would annoy the hell out of me.

I'm currently listening via pocket player 3.5 : Bumped the equaliser - wow what a difference in quality in comparison to wmp.

Only snag is that I cant control pocket player from the dongle.

SA

sounds like the ds-980 provide good quality music but bit too pricy for me at the moment, i will wait until they come down in price and probably purchase these. How is the bass?

Guest Subliminal Aura
sounds like the ds-980 provide good quality music but bit too pricy for me at the moment, i will wait until they come down in price and probably purchase these. How is the bass?

When paired with pocket player 3.5 with the bass turned up - it is 'acceptable' but nothing to write home about.

Heres how I would describe it : below 60hz we start loosing stuff above 15khz we start loosing stuff. Average to mediocre for the audiophile but is amazing considering its over bluetooth.

I think the DS220 might be a better option as it allows you to plug in your own headphones - plus it looks more mannly - I look like a right poof with my DS980 :(

Guest pndragon

Just wanted to throw out that I have a Motorola HT820 and aside from the glowing blue Motorola logo on the sides always advertising to people, its not a bad deal. I bought it for just under 80 dollars about a year ago and I've enjoyed using it both at work and home as well as on my old SMT5600 and now my Tilt. The range is adequate (i can go away about 2 rooms from the source before it starts to lose signal) and the base and sound quality is better than most others I've used (mostly cause the deep lows really come through in this padded headset).

All in all, money well spent. I'm not looking to buy another new one anytime soon. So if you can find a cheap one and don't want to spend too much on something very brand new then I'd say jump on it if you can find it at a good price.

Guest Tothotspur
Just wanted to throw out that I have a Motorola HT820 and aside from the glowing blue Motorola logo on the sides always advertising to people, its not a bad deal. I bought it for just under 80 dollars about a year ago and I've enjoyed using it both at work and home as well as on my old SMT5600 and now my Tilt. The range is adequate (i can go away about 2 rooms from the source before it starts to lose signal) and the base and sound quality is better than most others I've used (mostly cause the deep lows really come through in this padded headset).

All in all, money well spent. I'm not looking to buy another new one anytime soon. So if you can find a cheap one and don't want to spend too much on something very brand new then I'd say jump on it if you can find it at a good price.

i have read many good things about this headset and it seems to be one of the best so far, but its a shame it is so big as i need something pocketable

Guest Disco Stu

The HT820s certainly are excellent but you'll be paranoid about looking like a Cyberman out of Doctor Who !

I think Motorola's S9s are an improvement size-wise and they will fit into a jacket pocket.

Anycom do/did something similar to the HT820s but with a hinge to enable them to fold up. Unfortunately they were a little too small to be comfortable and the sound quality was lacking.

Guest pndragon
The HT820s certainly are excellent but you'll be paranoid about looking like a Cyberman out of Doctor Who !

Its realy funny you mention that because its exactly what I was thinking but forgot to mention the weird look of them.