Help needed, Keiser or Touch Dual

Guest ptamblin

Guest ptamblin

Now I know this may seem a bit of a wierd comparison,

But how can I choose between the Keiser and the Touch Dual?

obviously the advantages of the Keiser are the intergrated GPS and the WIFI, but I have been using the E61 for 15 months now and have hardly used wifi and have a seperate GPS unit to use TomTom. The Keiser has slightly better battery life, but I like many others charge there phone every night, unless I go camping which I take a spare phone anyway.

Is the onscreen touch keypad a real replacement for a physical slide out?

now that the Touch Cube is available for the Keiser it becomes alot more attractive as when in the office want to send quick texts and emails etc.

What would you go for? and has anyone tried both?

any comments welcome.

Thanks

PS. Does anyone else suffer from depression and stress when they come round to an upgrade? ;)

Guest hotphil

I think the big factor for you has to be how much typing do you do? I just haven't found a touchscreen keypad that is any substitute for a physical one yet. There's something reassuring about physical keys and a proper qwerty layout on the kaiser really works well for me. And if I want to type on the screen I still can. It's nice to have that flexibility. If I didn't type a lot, I'd go with the touch or touch dual.

Guest ptamblin

Thanks for the quick reply,

Coming from Three, I did not have the email add on, which probably meant that I was never going to do as much typing, but now moving to tmobile W&W it will probably become an intergral part of using the phone, and one of the main reasons i'm moving.

Guest chucky.egg

The Touch has built-in WiFi, does the Touch Dual not?

Anyway, I'd say the real difference isn't the keyboard or GPS it's the size and weight. The Kaiser being (more than?) twice as big and nearly twice as heavy.

I find the on-screen keyboard a little fiddly, but not nearly as bad as I expected. I can type reasonably comfortably with the edge of my thumb. There are other options (such as Tengo Thumb etc) which may make it easier, but for now I'm OK with the keyboard.

For the price of a Kaiser you could get a Touch Enhanced, and external Bluetooth keyboard, and a Freedom keyring GPS (I just got one of those and they're great!).

Guest ptamblin

Thanks for your comment. I already have a wireless bluetooth keyboard which I used to use with my C500,

and my GPS just stays in the car glove box constantly anyway.

I think i'm moving towards the Touch Dual now, and the reviews are fantastic for it. Just going to have to wait for it to come on Tmobile, as I would be stupid to go onto Orange. how long was the delay on the Touch for being released on Tmobile?