M3100 TomTom Plus Services

Guest ajcg

Hi

I have installed tomtom navigator 6 on to my M3100 and have gprs enabled, however I can't connect to the tomtom plus services.

tomtom works fine, I can connect to various web sites on the device including the tomtom site via my Orange service.

Has anyone got their TTN6 working with the additional subscription services?

Cheers & hope to get some good news soon!!

Hi there,

Welcome to the Site mate ;) (first post i see)

just to let you know that my TomTom 6 works fine with these services. did you enter your tomtom login and password correctly? does your 'tomtom home' on the PC login ok?

also, what error are you getting?

Hi there,

Welcome to the Site mate ;) (first post i see)

just to let you know that my TomTom 6 works fine with these services. did you enter your tomtom login and password correctly? does your 'tomtom home' on the PC login ok?

also, what error are you getting?

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. On my PC my 'tomtom home' login is fine and I have downloaded and installed additions colur schemes with out any problems. On my M3100 when I try to 'Edit TomTom Plus account' my username & password are correct, but in the bottom left it shows Username 'anonymous'. When I connect I see the gprs 3g connection start and get the green tomtom screen. Then I get the message

TomTom PLUS

An error occurred on your TomTom device. Please try again.

I have checked with Orange to ensure my account has gprs availability and this seems ok as I have been able to browse web sites.

Any suggestions would be good.

cheers :(

Have you registered your phone with TomTom? It'll need to match with the correct device ID

Hi

I don't think so as I haven't seen any mention of having to do this and from support calls with tomtom this also wasn't mentioned. Is registering done automatically when activating ttn6, from 'tomtom home' or tomtom website?

Can't remember.

I did most of the registeration via the TomTom website and that worked for me.

Worth trying.

Gave that a try earlier but still getting the same message. Planning a day on the phone to TomTom tomorrow!