MoDaCo Shadow XT9 Language Pack (14 in 1!)

Guest PaulOBrien

I've downloaded and installed the file (I know it's installed since I'm able to uninstall with the "Remove Software" tool on my phone. But now comes the fun part, how on earth do I actually use it? I'm Dutch, so I'd like to use the Dutch dictionary.

errr... Help anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Ummm, are you using a Shadow?

P

Hallo Paul , Happy New Year and all my wishes ..

Please have you any good news for me about Greek language in your file?

Regards

Guest Mucuna

Very nice. :(

How did you create it?

I have a list of all words that I want xt9 to predict, so how can I convert it to a xt9 s620 .dll to install it?

Thanks!

Guest vcubed68
I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:(

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :D

Enjoy!

P

Can somebody tell exact steps to install this language pack on shadow?

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :(

Connect phone to PC with ActiveSync.

Copy cab file (do not uinpack it) to My Documents (for example)

Use the file explorer on the phone to find the file and click it to run it

Guest ParkerMac

Paul,

Just wondering if there is anyway to set a primary and secondary languague? I typically text in English and Spanish and it would be nice not to have to switch between the two. Similiar to the way the motorolas have it.

Guest Bishop007

Hello guys,

I'm a new user and have just received my phone HTC Touch, and i'm trying to instal the language pack. (I need the Dainsh one)

I have transfered the file to my phone and furthermore exstracted the file, but then what? When I try to change language, there are still the same 5 standard language to choose?

Help is much apreciated :-)

Guest basergorkobal

Thanks Paul,

This is truly a brilliant piece of work you've done.

There is one but however. I've managed to get it to run on my Touch Dual, but when I change to any non-default language my hardware keyboard goes berserk. It gets mapped from 12 keys keypad to 20 key touch qwerty keyboard. This happens regrdless of the type of software keyboard type (12/20) I choose to use!

Funny enough, when I change the language back to English (or any other default lang) all is back to normal.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Appreciate all help.

Guest mike-506
Is this also working with the S730 ?

Did I understand well, that if I choose french, my qwerty keyboard will behave as azerty ?

thanks,

sp

I tried to use in my S730 and work fine with the front keyboard but not with the lateral QWERTY, because it change the "Fn" letters with other example the ("@" = ","), ("!", "@")...

It can be fixed??? :) I used in spanish language

Thanks

Well, this does install ok on an HTC Touch Dual. I can select the additional languages but... since I use the 16-key version (so no qwerty-like keypad, but a phone-like keypad) it doesn't work! It works as if there's a qwerty keypad 920-key) present. Anybody has any idea??

I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:)

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :D

Enjoy!

P

Thanks! But for me it does not work. I have a s730 Wings with swedish qwerty board and i recently flashed my os rom and in that one there was no swedish language. And this Cab does not work either. The languages are in the list of XT9 language but when i choose one from this cab the activated XT9 is still english. Any thoughts?

Guest junirevolutionen
Hello guys,

I'm a new user and have just received my phone HTC Touch, and i'm trying to instal the language pack. (I need the Dainsh one)

I have transfered the file to my phone and furthermore exstracted the file, but then what? When I try to change language, there are still the same 5 standard language to choose?

Help is much apreciated :-)

I have the exact same problem, except it's on the Touch Dual 20-key version - any help is very much appreciated.

I tried copying the file into My Documents as suggested, and it does run and install without errors, but no additional languages show up. Also tried restarting device, but did not change anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GENEius
I have the exact same problem, except it's on the Touch Dual 20-key version - any help is very much appreciated. I tried copying the file into My Documents as suggested, and it does run and install without errors, but no additional languages show up. Also tried restarting device, but did not change anything.
Is there any way to make a dvorak keyboard layout using this method? Edited by GENEius

Guest BartHouben
I have the exact same problem, except it's on the Touch Dual 20-key version - any help is very much appreciated.

I tried copying the file into My Documents as suggested, and it does run and install without errors, but no additional languages show up. Also tried restarting device, but did not change anything.

I have the exact same problem. The .CAB is installed on my 20-key HTC Dual Touch, but I cannot select any additional languages (I need Dutch) in the XT9-options menu.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? please help a with a very simple explanation.

Bart

Guest unfertiger

Hello,

installation on my Asus P750 (WM6, German) went fine and all languages are running fine apart from:

Czech

Polish

Portugues

Dutch

Is ther anything I have to adjust to run Czech? This is the main reason I was installing this patch.

Every help is appreciated.

Best Regards

Daniel

Hello everybody,

I have an i-mate Ultimate 8150 with Windows Mobile 6 and I have installed this file for writing in italian. After install I try to write something but appears only numbers so I have removed the application with the software remove but I still cannot write sms in any way .... Please help me!!!!!!

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:)

Enjoy!

P

It is such a great accomplishment you've made for releasing this language pack.

Is there any chance you could share how you made these language packs? I am looking for the Traditional Chinese language pack which might not be interested by the majority Shadow users. Thus, I was wondering if you could share what are the requreiment to generate the TC language pack and I can try my best to make it.

Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crowscorner

Paul,

Man is there any way you could figure out a reg fix for xT9 setting to NOT default back to xT9..? I send alot of texts (3691 last month, 35-4000 average a month) and man this is the only problem I have with the phone. I understand how xT9 (t9) works, however, I am just not a fan of it. I have contacted customer support at tmobile (which is nothing less than a joke..ive been with tmobile since 2000 and in my opinion they treat loyal customers terrible) and at HTC however to no avail. What I dont understand is why they will not allow this change. I dont want to uninstall it (er..well...i'd love to but not my point), get rid of it, turn it off.. whatever else "they" want to call it... I simply want to set the the thing to "regular" typing and it STAY that way. I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution to this. And of course, we get no software with the phone so while I have been through the registry (I use PHM reg edtr..and almost feel as though i know every value/key off the top of my head), going crazy in it is not a viable option for lack of wanting to pay to have Windows re-installed.

Any how, I appreciate your time. The forums are great, I volunteer my time at several "heavy" traffic support forums and I know its a job... keep up the good work bro.

(is it just me, or do we not have rights anymore? Because (in the US) it sure looks suspiciously like we only have privileges..)

Edited by crowscorner

Guest kormoran

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:D

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

[Finnally I have it. You're great, many thanx]

Guest Jacob B

Hi

Thanks! Just what I need!!!!

But! ... I just tried the pack on my iPaq 614 - as I really need the Danish dictionary..

However, when installing I get a message that it is for an earlier version of Window Mobile.. (Mine is 6)

After installing, I try and select danish by pusing * for a while to get the Language menu. But I only get numbers when entering anything. After a little while my pda slows to a crawl... so I had to uninstall the pack again?

Is this a issue with WM 6? Or does anyone have another good idea? :D

Br Jacob