Group text

Guest MalcolmS

Guest MalcolmS

What's the best way of maintaining a group of mobile numbers in Contacts and sending a text to that group? I'm doing it just now via a text 'template' that I created and just re-use but it's not very user friendly. For example if someone changes their mobile number it falls over in the middle of texting when it reaches that number and I never know which number caused it and I end up sending the text again individually until i find out which number is the culprit. Wasteful and annoying to those who get the text more than once. On my last SonyEricsson phone it used to stop at the wrong numbe, tell me which one and then send the rest (the unsent ones) when I then resent. Anything software wise out there that's worth looking at??

Malcolm

answering my own question but I found this http://www.smartphonefreeware.mobi/downloa...sms-v1-4-1.html which works quite well with groups in Contacts.

Malcolm

There have been a couple of utilities posted over on xda-devs that will help you in your cause - both called "Group SMS" strangely enough!!

One can be found >HERE< and the other is mentioned a little further down the same thread and links to >HERE<.

Check them out and see if either fits your needs

Cheers,

Mark.

Guest MalcolmS

thanks Mark - the second link looks to be the same as the one I tried last night (which works well)... I'll try the other one and compare and report back.

Malcolm

Guest smith_ts

Hi all,

FOR ME : There is no group option in my new message screen? Is this WM6 (E650) compatible?

Does this only send to a group already setup in Outlook. Does anyone have a true group text download

Cheers