Custom per email icons?

Guest badbob001

Guest badbob001

I noticed that there are vendor specific email icons like outlook, aol, yahoo, windowslive, and gmail. I suspect these are used when you use the email setup wizard. I didn't use the wizard so i just have the generic email icon. Anybody know where in the registry I can change to associate my mailboxes with different icons?

Guest badbob001

Since I got no replies, I guess no one really notice those icons or are just more interested in other tweaks to neo. Anyway, here's how those icons work.

If you look in \HKLM\Security\cHome\CMessage, you see a bunch of keys like @aim.com, @aol.com, AOL, etc. Under each key is a value string that points to a image file like \windows\CHome_sendmessage_aol.png. The link is that neo does a substring search of your mailbox Account Display Name to match the names of the before-mentioned keys. So if you create mailboxes with an Account Display Name of [email protected] and [email protected], those would match the key @aol.com and get assigned the graphic \windows\CHome_sendmessage_aol.png.

One annoying thing is that after you create a mailbox, you can't change the mailbox type (imap/pop3) or Account Display Name. So if you called your account Joe instead of [email protected], then you're stuck with the generic email icon. BUT, you can rename one of the existing keys or, better yet, simply duplicate one of the keys and rename it to match your account display name.

For example, I want the account 'Joe' to have the aol mailbox icon. I would simply duplicate the @aol.com key and rename the new key to 'Joe'. As far as I know, the matching is not case-sensitive.

Now the more interesting bit is that you can create custom mailbox graphics for each of your mailboxes.

There is also a gmail mailbox icon in the \windows folder, but for some reason, it was not used (no @gmail.com key). There is a gmail option in the setup wizard so most likely this is an oversight.

Guest lethalp1mp

Thanks for the tip! I did this for my gmail mailbox. The only thing I had to do was to add the key and value in the registry and then switch out the home screen to a basic and then back to neo. Works great!

Guest trickinit
Thanks for the tip! I did this for my gmail mailbox. The only thing I had to do was to add the key and value in the registry and then switch out the home screen to a basic and then back to neo. Works great!

Worked for me too ;)