2 dead MicroSD cards in a year?

Guest diacono

Guest diacono

My colleagues 2Gb MicroSD card died on him about a month ago and now so has mine! We bought 3 cards from the local orange shop about a year ago and only one remains.

I know for sure that mine has hardly ever left the slot but I did notice that I had intermittent problems with it just before it died.

Considering that I've never had any other cards die (CF, SC or XD), I'm pretty appalled. I'm now starting to think that they've skimped on durability for the MicroSD format. What's the point in having such a small card on a phone anyway? MiniSD was fine, right?

Oh well... must stop ranting

Guest trinityj5

what make were the ones from the Orange shop? You must have paid a bit for them... next time it might be a good plan to get them from somewhere like 7dayshop.com, cheaper and more brands available...

Guest diacono
what make were the ones from the Orange shop? You must have paid a bit for them... next time it might be a good plan to get them from somewhere like 7dayshop.com, cheaper and more brands available...

Thanks, ordered one from 7dayshop, cheap! Also just check and the ones that died where ScanDisk 1GB

Guest jimbouk

Do you mean Sandisk? They are usually very good.

Have you tried formatting the cards - either in the phone (using resco file explorer) or in a card reader on your pc?

Guest diacono
Do you mean Sandisk? They are usually very good.

Have you tried formatting the cards - either in the phone (using resco file explorer) or in a card reader on your pc?

Nope, neither the card reader nor the phone can see the card, yet alone format it. Unless resco can see what the phone can't...

• 2 weeks later...