Car holder/mount

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

i installed tomtom today and all it working great but i cant use it because i have no holder for it.

i have read up on them a little and dont think i like the idea of getting a holder that clips onto the fan because its pretty cold now and i tend to have the heaters on!

the last type i had was one that stuck to the windscreen however people seem to recommend one called 'brodit'?

if i was to go for one, which should i get? oh and i would like it to able to swivel + obviously charge up at the same time

Guest Transform

i looked on the site for my car and the only way i could see that it seemed to fit was by clipping onto something, ie the airvent ;) i dont think i have anything else for it to clip to in my car!

thats why i had one that stuck to the windscreen before. can i get the brodit clip and fix it to a windscreen mount?

They do a console mount, not a great picture though, not a fan of screen mounts anyway, you may as well scream 'PLEASE STEAL MY SAT-NAV' :(

Yeah but some people remove them from the car ;)

Yeah, true, but you have to be really thorough and clean all the dirty mark off or unscrupulous sorts will still think you've just put it in the glove box. They don't care about your smashed window.

BTW this is exactly what happened to my brother's car

Guest Transform

my car was broken into about 6 months back but not because of the dirty marks. i lost my mount/holder for my c500 ;)

i dont like the idea of it being way down by the gear stick either. so i cant just buy a brodit clip and attach it to a mount for the windscreen?

Possibly, it's up to you whether you think you can make it work

You know the vent proclips, well the one for my car at least (Seat Leon) doesn't actually clip to, and hang from, the vent. It sits in front of it and clips in the gap between the vent surround and the main part of the dash. this pic kinda shows what I mean

post-174863-1195766909_thumb.jpg

Guest Transform

i found this picture on the dsldevelopments website:

652311.jpg

its not the best quality but im guessing that option 2 will fit the mount on the right side of the air vent grill? also, the £13.99 is only for the clip?