Happy Thanksgi....WAIT! The Samsung Blackjack II is available NOW!

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia
thumb_20-Nov-2007_Samsung_BlackJack2_lp.jpg
This Thanksgiving, I'm giving thanks to Samsung and AT&T for the Samsung Blackjack II as it is NOW AVAILABLE from the AT&T Wireless website. Black is the only color currently listed...but the wine colored phone should (hopefully) soon follow.

No sign tonight if AT&T stoes will have them in stock...and not sure if they are open tomorrow during the holiday..but I'll definitely be driving by on Friday!

List Price: $399.99
2yr Contract Price: $249.99
Mail In Rebate Card: $-100.00

Final Price: $149.99

GPS Support is suspiciously listed as "For use with TeleNav", so I have no idea if it is actually available for other software. Also, the device is listed as both TRI-BAND (Tri-band domestic UMTS/HSDPA - 850/1900/2100 MHz ) AND (Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz). Two different modes or did they forget to change it when they edited the Blackjack I specs?

Guest Confucious
Also, the device is listed as both TRI-BAND (Tri-band domestic UMTS/HSDPA - 850/1900/2100 MHz ) AND (Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz). Two different modes or did they forget to change it when they edited the Blackjack I specs?

UMTS/HSDPA (3G/3.5G) works on a different frequency to GSM/GPRS/EDGE - in Europe UMTS/HSDPA is 2100 and GSM/GPRS/EDGE is 900 or 1900 so they are 2 seperate modes.

So the BJII should theoretically work on UK HSDPA (unlike the original BJ...)

P

I imagine that AT&T branded devices will be locked...can anyone confirm?

If so is it possible yet to unlock them? Can you just buy it for $399 in an AT&T shop without a contract?

Or do you know anyone selling them unlocked?

Thanks

Daniel

Guest nickcornaglia

AT&T phones are locked. And yes, you can buy them for full price. No rebates without a contract tho. Unlocking can be done thru AT&T and you can find some unlocking services on ebay for AT&T phones, tho I dont know how reliable they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.