Today screen - create a link to a folder with a meaningful name?

Guest mbriody

Guest mbriody

I have a number of games installed which I can access via, Start, Programs, Games. I would like a link or button or something on my Today screen which would bring up the list of the games in the same way but from a single click or tap.

I have tried two approaches:

1. In a Sbp Pocket Plus tab I did Add, Folder and pointed it to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games.

This works but I cannot change the label to something useful (like "Games") - it stays as "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games".

2. The second attempt was in Wisbar 3. I did Settings, System Tray, Add, Games Folder.

This creates an icon in my tray but it doesn't work. When I tap on it I get "The file "Games" cannot be opened..."

Anyone know how to achieve what I'm looking for?

Guest mbriody

I was hopng to avoid yet another one!

I really want to know is there any way (that I am missing) to do it with the apps I have?

There are a few today screen launchers you could use, claunch is my favourite, it's free, and 100% customisable so should do what you want nicely

Aah I see, I misunderstood ;)

Thinking about it Spb's stuff is usually pretty good, I can't believe you cannot rename the tab to what you want it to say. have you tried holding your stylus on the tab to see if a context menu pops up?