22/11/2007 16:54

To

wardy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

Problem ID 071029EM10145994

Customer email address:wardy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Brian,

??????? Thanks for contacting HTC. I am sorry your device did not Automatically change from BST to GMT. We have seen this with other users and do not know why some are switching and some are not. I personally think it is connected in some way to the users PC and when they synchronise the time it is changing on the device. Or it could be that some GSM networks will adjust the time of the handsets automatically. Regardless of the cause it will not be a problem again for you until next year. You could set a reminder in your calendar for you to be advised the night before the clocks go forward.

Thank you for your enquiry, Should you have any other problem, please do not hesitate to call us. Your Local number can be found at http://www.europe.htc.com/support/csbyphone.html

Best regards,

Paul

HTC Europe

[email protected]

http://www.htc.com

The fix is set a reminder .....

This has to be the funniest support reply I have ever had . Top Job Paul at HTC

Edited by wardy

Guest creamhackered
Its all fixed guys , here is the reply from HTC Support

"HTC Technical Hotline Support" <[email protected]>

22/11/2007 16:54

To

wardy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

Problem ID 071029EM10145994

Customer email address:wardy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Brian,

??????? Thanks for contacting HTC. I am sorry your device did not Automatically change from BST to GMT. We have seen this with other users and do not know why some are switching and some are not. I personally think it is connected in some way to the users PC and when they synchronise the time it is changing on the device. Or it could be that some GSM networks will adjust the time of the handsets automatically. Regardless of the cause it will not be a problem again for you until next year. You could set a reminder in your calendar for you to be advised the night before the clocks go forward.

Thank you for your enquiry, Should you have any other problem, please do not hesitate to call us. Your Local number can be found at http://www.europe.htc.com/support/csbyphone.html

Best regards,

Paul

HTC Europe

[email protected]

http://www.htc.com

The fix is set a reminder .....

This has to be the funniest support reply I have ever had . Top Job Paul at HTC

Are they serious? This is a massive problem if you're deploying these devices in an enterprise by the 1000s and you have idiot users who don't even know how to change the time let alone read an email! Jesus christ HTC/Microsoft get real!

Guest jimbouk

HA HA

"Regardless of the cause it will not be a problem again for you until next year."

Classic. Be like getting an email from BMW saying, "we are sorry that your M5 can't go round the sharp bend on the A4144 in South Wales at 55 mph. Still at least you won't have to worry about it til you go back to Wales."

Seriously guys this was the reply , I will forward the Email if you PM me your Email Address . Not sure where to send it from here , I would like to send it to the Directors of HTC

Guest Shuflie
Are they serious? This is a massive problem if you're deploying these devices in an enterprise by the 1000s and you have idiot users who don't even know how to change the time let alone read an email! Jesus christ HTC/Microsoft get real!

Not really a big problem with an enterprise roll out, most sys admins would lock the phones down so tight I wouldn't be surprised if they superglued the mini SD slot to stop unauthorized access. Its pretty likely if one phone has the problem they all would, but in my opinion it would be more likely for none of them to have the problem.