Fix SP5

Guest clevinger

Guest clevinger

Hi Folks

I've got a 2nd hand i-mate SP5 to get me back into Smartphones, after having a short lived and unhappy affair with an XDA Exec, I have the inevitable joystick issues and I'm a bit unsure of dismantling it myself, I killed a c500 with a botched dissassemble and it's made me wary of delving inside these delicate beasts.

The threads are a bit thin on 3rd party repairers (you guys are obviously much braver and better DIYers than me) or my search terms aren't up to much. Does anyone have suggestions for reliable repair outets for an out of warranty fix in the UK, and more locally the North West.

My local high street and market repairers don't want to touch it and SBE seem to be extremely unpopular on here.

It's a cracking little phone and all of my old software runs happily on it so I'm quite content to go for a decent longish term fix and stick with it for a while if possible.

If fixing the joystick is just throwing money down the drain, what do people suggest as a suitable replacement 'phone sized' smartphone?

cheers all

Edited by clevinger

Guest The Doctor
Hi Folks

I've got a 2nd hand i-mate SP5 to get me back into Smartphones, after having a short lived and unhappy affair with an XDA Exec, I have the inevitable joystick issues and I'm a bit unsure of dismantling it myself, I killed a c500 with a botched dissassemble and it's made me wary of delving inside these delicate beasts.

The threads are a bit thin on 3rd party repairers (you guys are obviously much braver and better DIYers than me) or my search terms aren't up to much. Does anyone have suggestions for reliable repair outets for an out of warranty fix in the UK, and more locally the North West.

My local high street and market repairers don't want to touch it and SBE seem to be extremely unpopular on here.

It's a cracking little phone and all of my old software runs happily on it so I'm quite content to go for a decent longish term fix and stick with it for a while if possible.

If fixing the joystick is just throwing money down the drain, what do people suggest as a suitable replacement 'phone sized' smartphone?

cheers all

You could try a ROM with the C600 AKU2 driver, that has been reported to fix joystick issues. Either that or you could try spraying compressed air around the joystick to try and remove so of the dust etc.

Thats about all you can do besides sending it back to HTC or cracking it open.

Phil