Today screen - Application Switching

Guest Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura

This really annoys me...

If I have an app open (lets say opera mini) and switch the screen off.

When I switch the screen back on I'm presented the today screen - so annoying...

Why can't it stay at the last opened app ? Or can someone tell me how to do this ? I've tried disabling the today screen timeout but that doesn't work (maybe I need to do a soft reset).

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

SA

Guest jimbouk

Its something on your today screen that is causing it to revert. Probably HTC Home. If you clear everything off your today screen, and don't have a password set up, the device should stay with the current app, until the time out elapses.

But whats the point of an empty today screen?

And whats the risk of an unprotected device?

Edited by jimbouk

Guest Subliminal Aura
But whats the point of an empty today screen?

And whats the risk of an unprotected device?

Exactly ! I can't afford to apply those changes <_<

Surely theres got to be a way around this ?

(ps my password timeout is 15 mins - solely put in place so that I can access my last used app quickly whilst on the move)

Edited by Subliminal Aura

That's bloody weird. I came here tonight to make this exact post.

I was on the train home and experimenting with using my phone as a media player, using Windows Media Player. so you can use the power button to switch off the screen to save battery, but whenever I turned the device back on, Windows Media Player would close itself.

It's ANOTHER bug of the password protection! I can't believe this. It's not even HTC's fault... This is something that worked fine in Windows Mobile 5 that they broke in 6!

So I've now disabled the password protection and it remains in any app properly (btw this is despite my password timeout being hours, not minutes)

So it's the same kind of thing as when you've been on a call for longer than your device turn off time, the password protection screen dims the screen and breaks the device. they HAVE to fix this, its getting ridiculous now.

Guest Subliminal Aura

Again dispite everything I fear that this is not a bug but a feature ;)

Yes its annoying but on the plus side think about it...

App freezes - you can turn it off and on again goto the today screen and try to kill it.

Another potential plus is for apps like mini opera that don't like to be run in the background... Again switch on and off and run another app.

Dunno where to place myself on this I'm 50/50 - another thing we need to get used to I suppose

If you do go ahead and disable the password protection you can always go ahead and install Sprite Terminator for security peace of mind. ;)

I use it myself just in case the worst happends!