is there a way of checking hotmail via external mail software

Guest ace_16k

Guest ace_16k

Hi,

I was just wondering.. is there a way of checking hotmail emails via an external email client.. like the great outlook on a PC, rather then going via internet browser..

I have a HTC TyTn2 -

its a shame theres no msn software on this too!

thanks

Guest jimbouk

Install the latest Windows Live Messenger cab (google for it) and it installs Windows Live Mail as an account in your pocket outlook and that will deliver your hotmail mail to your device.

Guest ace_16k
Install the latest Windows Live Messenger cab (google for it) and it installs Windows Live Mail as an account in your pocket outlook and that will deliver your hotmail mail to your device.

you are a gem.. cheers for this.. will give this a go...

Guest Transform

at least it should do, but not in my case ;)

i have to always manually connect via the sync screen to get my emails. i'm guessing i shouldnt have to be signed into messenger to get my mail?

Guest aries6776
at least it should do, but not in my case :(

i have to always manually connect via the sync screen to get my emails. i'm guessing i shouldnt have to be signed into messenger to get my mail?

Apologies if you've already done this but I found I was getting the same problem, not receiving my hotmail emails via windows live. But then I found that the default was set to sync manually.

The menu pathway to this setting was: Outlook email > menu> tools> options> windows live> 2 sync schedule> snyc frequency (As items arrive)

After this I found they came almost instantly.

Edited by aries6776

Guest ScatmanRon

Hi, Is windows live mail also the best way of getting my gmails sent to the phone?

I'm having trouble with phone's 'messaging'. It can send emails from my set-up account but can't detect them. Is this the same POP3 issue mentioned above?

Had the phone for 2 days. Last phone was SE k750. I am SO impressed with it!!

Guest FloatingFatMan
Hotmail doesn't support POP3 access, therefore it's web browsers only.

Actually, it does BUT you either have to have a paid Hotmail account, or a very old free one (like I do). Hotmail works fine in Outlook for me. :(

Guest dkindred
Actually, it does BUT you either have to have a paid Hotmail account, or a very old free one (like I do). Hotmail works fine in Outlook for me. :(

I have a 'very old free one' and can access hotmail through out look on my laptop easy, infact have installed it on several pc's throughout the years, but i can't get it to load onto mobile outlook, whats the secret? can u walk me through the set up procedure?

Erm I don't think you get pop with the "very old accounts", just the ability to use the HTTP protocol built into Outlook/Outlook Express. It recognises you entered a hotmail address and sets it up for you, using HTTP, not POP. I think when you pay you get POP.