Off to the US next week, will the T-mobile Wing work in UK?

Guest jasthegooner

Guest jasthegooner

Hi, it would appear that the T-mobile Wing is the same as the Vario III, is this the case? I used to own the Vario II and was looking at upgrading to the Vario III. I dont need a contract or anything just the phone.

If I was to buy the Wing in the US next week will it work when I insert my UK sim card, upon my return?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Guest 3waygeek

The Wing is not the same as the Vario III; the former is a HTC Atlas, the latter is the HTC Kaiser. Here's a comparison; in short, Vario III has the tilt screen, 3G, built-in GPS and twice the memory. If you're looking for a Vario III equivalent, you'll have to go with the AT&T Tilt; note however that the Tilt does not have the front VGA camera.

Also, the Tilt (and presumably the Wing, if you buy it from T-Mobile) will be SIM-locked so your UK SIM probably won't work. There are no free unlockers for the Tilt/Kaiser, so you'd have to get the unlock code from AT&T; there may be a free unlocker for the Wing -- check over at XDA developers.

Edited by 3waygeek

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

Not sure if this helps any,

I live in the US and use T-mobile. A while back I traveled to London and for some reason I could not figure out how to dial any numbers correctly to call back to the US. But I could use my phone to send and recieve E-mails just fine. And I did not get charged anything to do this.