Thanks for the GPS fix - now a couple more annoyances

Guest blowjack

Guest blowjack

WTF is the LED light for - how can that not be described anywhere in the manual!! OK, I know it does red/green for charging, but surely it could do message waiting!! It seems like the LED turns purple for a few seconds when a message arrives then turns off. That would be nice to fix.

Second on the list - how do we get the Medianet and CV keys to do something useful. There does not appear to be a way to setup any customizable keys (other than the Fn+X thing on the home screen). There's no easy way to do voice command for example.

Lastly, how do we set a different home page on the browser. Looks like AT&T crippled that too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

WTF is the LED light for - how can that not be described anywhere in the manual!!

I could not agree more. The LED is a big feature this device has over the BJ 1. I would love to be able to make it blink indefinitely if the phone receives message or a call. This is a feature that every phone should have.

Second on the list - how do we get the Medianet and CV keys to do something useful.

I was thinking of the same thing. Make those buttons user selectable. We do not need buttons for items that can be favorites in IE.

Lastly, how do we set a different home page on the browser. Looks like AT&T crippled that too.

On my first BJ I modified this reg entry to set the default web site.

Changing PIE home page

HKLM/Software/ Microsoft/InternetExplorer/AboutURls

Change home_0409 value to index.html {this can be any html file you choose}

SeanH

Edited by SeanH