Kaiser Tweak - and ATT Tilt

Guest sallysmith

Guest sallysmith

I need help. First, is the Kaiser Tweak ok to download on a Tilt? If so, could someone please give me a five year old step by step instructions from start to finish on how to download it and get it into the active sync so that it downloads to the best folder, and which folder to unzip it to..... and anything else I left out.

Thank you!

Guest Snooginsguy
I need help. First, is the Kaiser Tweak ok to download on a Tilt? If so, could someone please give me a five year old step by step instructions from start to finish on how to download it and get it into the active sync so that it downloads to the best folder, and which folder to unzip it to..... and anything else I left out.

Thank you!

Yes, it'll work fine on the Tilt. Basically what you need to do is download the .cab file from xda-developers, and once downloaded what I would do is save it to the documents transfer folder on your PC. (If you didn't set up to sync Files, you won't have this folder.) Anyway, this will put the data into the My Documents folder on the phone automatically. An alternative way to do it would be to save the .cab file to the My Documents folder using the Explore My Device option in Activesync while it's connected to the PC. IT really doesn't matter which folder you save it to, this is an automatic installer that will do the hard work for you. Once it's been put on your device, use the File Explorer and browse to the folder into which you put the .cab file, and just click once on the file. It will unpack the contents and install Kaisertweak for you, asking only if you'd like to save the program to the storage card or to the device. I picked to save it to my device, but I don't think it really matters in this case. That's pretty much it, when it's finished you'll have a shortcut in your Programs folder to KaiserTweak.

So, for a 5 year old summary:

1. get the .cab file

2. copy it to any folder on your device

3. find the file from your device's file explorer and click on it

4. let it run

5. Go to Programs > KaiserTweak to run the installed program

6. smile

Remember too that every time you make a change in KaiserTweak you'll want to soft-restart the phone to get the changes to take effect.

Guest sallysmith
Yes, it'll work fine on the Tilt. Basically what you need to do is download the .cab file from xda-developers, and once downloaded what I would do is save it to the documents transfer folder on your PC. (If you didn't set up to sync Files, you won't have this folder.) Anyway, this will put the data into the My Documents folder on the phone automatically. An alternative way to do it would be to save the .cab file to the My Documents folder using the Explore My Device option in Activesync while it's connected to the PC. IT really doesn't matter which folder you save it to, this is an automatic installer that will do the hard work for you. Once it's been put on your device, use the File Explorer and browse to the folder into which you put the .cab file, and just click once on the file. It will unpack the contents and install Kaisertweak for you, asking only if you'd like to save the program to the storage card or to the device. I picked to save it to my device, but I don't think it really matters in this case. That's pretty much it, when it's finished you'll have a shortcut in your Programs folder to KaiserTweak.

1. get the .cab file

4. let it run

6. smile

Remember too that every time you make a change in KaiserTweak you'll want to soft-restart the phone to get the changes to take effect.

Thank you so much! That was a great help. I did it and it works wonderful!!!! Thank you Thank you!

Guest mwjcat4

I new to this stuff. My Tilt is only 48 hours old. I keep trying to install Kaisertweak and get the message the file is corrupted. When I extract the zip file, I have an exe, not a cab and and xml. Where do I find the cab? Am I missing something. All of the other programs I've loaded - HTC Homepage, Googlemaps, etc. have worked wonderfully. I really want KT so I can keep the screen active.

1. get the .cab file

4. let it run

6. smile

Guest Snooginsguy
I new to this stuff. My Tilt is only 48 hours old. I keep trying to install Kaisertweak and get the message the file is corrupted. When I extract the zip file, I have an exe, not a cab and and xml. Where do I find the cab? Am I missing something. All of the other programs I've loaded - HTC Homepage, Googlemaps, etc. have worked wonderfully. I really want KT so I can keep the screen active.

Just copy the kaisertweak folder to your phone (should have the .exe and an .xml file in it) and run the exe straight on the phone. It's not an extractor or installer from the desktop.

Guest mwjcat4

Thanks. That makes sense. It works fine now. :(

Just copy the kaisertweak folder to your phone (should have the .exe and an .xml file in it) and run the exe straight on the phone. It's not an extractor or installer from the desktop.