Getting email from Server 2000

Guest Snooginsguy

Guest Snooginsguy

Hey y'all,

My company has yet to upgrade from Server 2000, and I would like to be able to get my email to my Tilt. I can hit the server from a PC for the OWA option, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my phone to connect to the server in any way and pull my email. Are there any settings I should try, or is there any 3rd party software I could install that would grab the email using the webmail capability, or am I just up a creek?

Thanks!

Guest hotphil

If it's Exchange 2000 I'm not sure that had the ActiveSync capability (think that only came in 2003?). You may be able to set up IMAP or POP access though. But the sysadmin may well have disabled it. If he's friendly, he's the man to ask.

Guest Confucious

Can't you just set the server up in AS on the phone? Push won't be available (2003 SP2 is the min I believe) but you shoiuld be able to set it up to check every few mins. Watch out for data charges and obviously you will need access through the company firewall. Your IS support should be able to tell you if it's possible.

Good luck

[Edit] I was distracted while typing this and when I did post it I see hotphil beat me to it![/Edit]

Edited by Confucious

Guest Snooginsguy

Hmmm, bummer. AS was one way I'd tried, and the IT folk here don't seem to know what I'm talking about if I mention imap or Pop, so I guess I'm SOL...thanks for the responses!

Guest jimbouk

Activesync will work - directpush wont but activesync will - and you will be able to set it to check every x minutes etc.

You need to enter the OWA server name - or the Proxy's FQDN - into the server settings in your devices activesync - and if its using a certificate, you will need to install that on the device.