Motorola Q9H (AT&T) GPS... ACTIVATED! [updated]

Guest PaulOBrien

If it does work, please be sure to credit me with the find, (the reg hack was found in the pdf from Sprite I linked to.) ; )

There is no such entry in my phone's registry (Q 9h Global, AT&T).

Guest nickcornaglia

that is for ppc I believe...not smartphones.

and, credit would go to sprite dont you think?

and, we're not in this for credit...but to get it to work in the end :(

that is for ppc I believe...not smartphones.

and, credit would go to sprite dont you think?

and, we're not in this for credit...but to get it to work in the end :(

Credit for actally finding the Sprite pdf.Actually, I am in it 49% for the credit, 51 to get it to work. So there. l:P

Guest nickcornaglia
Credit for actally finding the Sprite pdf.Actually, I am in it 49% for the credit, 51 to get it to work. So there. l:P

wont work anyway so the point is moot!

(I always wanted to use moot properly in a sentence.) :(

wont work anyway so the point is moot!

(I always wanted to use moot properly in a sentence.) :(

But doesn't it give us the idea behind the multiplexed intermediate driver? Seems that opening up the actual com port is not the way to go.

Also, don't you think there is a gps applet being hidden?

Edited by tobor

unless other apps were able to use the intermediate drive...which most today are not....com3/index3 is the way to go.

I don't quite get how to change to COM3 after installing the COM5 activator cab. Can you list the locations and what to change please? I want to try and see what I get. Without using *some* sort of activator patch, my GPS is for s*** it seems.

I really hope Paul is able to sort this out. GPS is the reason I bought my Q9. <_<

From my earlier post.....change each of the 5's to a 3

Thanks! It's the second part that I couldn't find.

Incidently, changing to com3 didn't work for me at all (but then again, i'm an AT&T Q9H user).

Guest Tin Star
Thanks! It's the second part that I couldn't find.

Incidently, changing to com3 didn't work for me at all (but then again, i'm an AT&T Q9H user).

I'm att also and if you make both changes either through the registry or edit one of the cab files before you install it, it works just like it probably did before att made the change to stop it.

Guest Mrkdale

It would seem that the GPS in the blackjack II only works if you first pay for the TeleNav service. Does anyone know if this is true? I had hoped I could still use the GPS functionality without the TeleNav service.

I would like to use the GPS for LiveSearch. I activated TeleNav for one day and it all worked fine. The Telenav worked with GPS, LiveSearch worked with GPS, The hack mentioned here worked as well. At some point during the next 24 hours it would seem AT&T was able to disable the GPS having realized I wasn't paying for the service.

I am not upset that TeleNav doesn't work, I am not paying for it. Not trying to get something for free here. But I am disapointed that the GPS functionality doesn't seem to work without TeleNav. I assumed that I would get hardware GPS functionality anyway since, as I understand, GPS signal is free.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. By the way, I am in the U.S. San Francisco to be exact.

Thanks for any help,

Attached is a COM3 version of the activator (as a CAB), which should solve the problems with power drain.

Let me know! :(

P

Have you tried it on your phone yet Paul? What changes have been made?

Guest suchmuchfun

Installed it myself just a bit ago. I actually downloaded the attachment directly from the phone. I tried it and could not get Live to work at all. I finally tried Google and it hooked right up. Back to Live, nothing. I checked out my settings and found I was still on Com5, so I changed it to Com3. It said it couldn't communicate. So I changed it to the intermediate driver and, bam, instant lock. I'll do some more testing this weekend, but so far it seems excellent.

THANKS!

Attached is a COM3 version of the activator (as a CAB), which should solve the problems with power drain.

P

I just installed it. Locked on 6 sats in a minute INSIDE my apartment with Google maps. 30 feet from a south facing window! Closed google, open up Live, locked instantly using multiplex driver. I'll exit Live now and leave the phone off the charger over night to see what the battery drain is like,

Edited by tobor

I'm having issues with the COM3 installer.  I installed it, rebooted, opened up Google Maps (which was not set to manual but the first option) and it was unable to lock onto a satellite.  I then set it manually to COM3 with 19200 baud and it was unable to even initialize GPS.

So far no go

I'm having issues with the COM3 installer. I installed it, rebooted, opened up Google Maps (which was not set to manual but the first option) and it was unable to lock onto a satellite. I then set it manually to COM3 with 19200 baud and it was unable to even initialize GPS.

So far no go

I got it going with CoPilot but it appears as if CoPilot can not activate the GPS. It only finds the GPS if something else first activates it.

I just installed it. Locked on 6 sats in a minute INSIDE my apartment with Google maps. 30 feet from a south facing window! Closed google, open up Live, locked instantly using multiplex driver. I'll exit Live now and leave the phone off the charger over night to see what the battery drain is like,

An update. Woke up this morning, phone still had a full charge. Seems that all is working well. Went outside today, took Google Maps about a minute to find 5 satellites. Closed Google, started up Live, found satellites instantly. SO far so good. I did have an unexplained reboot today, with the only programs running was intshare.exe. We'll see if the reboot is a recurring problem.

Edited by tobor

Guest Zachary

how can you see what sats you have locked onto?

Guest birdiebo

P

Could you post this in a form suitable for direct OTA download to the device. Apparently, I am too dense to get it onto my desktop and then sync it to my Q. Thanks very much!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.