Individual Text Messaging tones for Shadow?

Guest l8deblu

Guest l8deblu

HI all,

I just got my Shadow today and I think I'm going to like it. Especially if one of you can help me figure out if it's possible to personalize message tones for different contacts. I have figured out via the contacts setting how to put different ring tones on different contacts, but when I receive a text message from those people, the generic text message tone sounds. I want to be able to personalize not only the ring tones but the message tones so that I know without having to look at the phone who has texted me or called. Can anyone help me with this?

Guest badbob001
HI all,

I just got my Shadow today and I think I'm going to like it. Especially if one of you can help me figure out if it's possible to personalize message tones for different contacts. I have figured out via the contacts setting how to put different ring tones on different contacts, but when I receive a text message from those people, the generic text message tone sounds. I want to be able to personalize not only the ring tones but the message tones so that I know without having to look at the phone who has texted me or called. Can anyone help me with this?

I too am looking for a program that can produce a different notification depending on the content of the incoming message. The only program I know that does that is PhoneAlarm (http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarmSP.html), but it has to be loaded as a plugin on the homescreen, which is a problem since the neo homescreen only has room for two plugins: the notification bar at top and the main neo screen. One idea is to duplicate the functions of the notification bar with phonealarm and drop it in as a direct replacement. Another idea is to configure phonealarm to be a 1 pixel high plugin and somehow squeeze it in onto the homepage.

It would be nice if this feature was added to dontforget (http://magazin.softimage.cz/?page_id=83), which runs as a background application and not a plugin.

Edited by badbob001

• 1 month later...
Guest a99tandem

PhotoContactsPro will do that.

HI all,