Getting video onto the Kaiser

Guest elDeeJay

Guest elDeeJay

Being new to WM6 platform, I have a number of WMV and Quictime movies that are on my Vista PC at home that i'd like to be able to play on this device. Obviously they are at a screen resolution much higher than that of the device, so I was wondering if someone could recommend a good application that will convert them into a format I can stick on a MicroSD card and play back on this device.

I want soemthing that will both convert and 'downsize' the files appropriate for the WM platform

Any suggestions (free or otherwise) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For the WMVs use Windows Movie Maker, which you should already have on your PC :( it has a setting for Pocket PC full screen or something like that, it's really easy to use

Dunno about the Quicktime vids though :D

Guest dolbe666

Spb Mobile DVD

Spb Mobile DVD is a desktop application providing you with a quick and easy way to convert DVDs and video files to the mobile format with the highest possible speed and true real-time preview.

Features

Fastest possible conversion speed

Adjustable quality with real-time preview

No additional software needed on Pocket PC

DVD and video file sources

Conversion to both WMV and XVID formats

Possibility to convert entire movie or only some part

Dual core CPU support

Support for slow 200MHz Pocket PC devices

qVGA, VGA and square screen support

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobiledvd/?en

Its Vista compatible also, I use it with my 64bit vista with no problems and it is really fast also (but that may have something to do with my Core2Duo and 4GB of RAM) but ive heard it works fine on slower pc's both Vista and XP

Guest whatmeworry

I use the spb software on my not very whizzy xp desktop and it converts at about double speed - ie an hour of video takes 30 mins. I'm very happy with it

Guest dolbe666
I use the spb software on my not very whizzy xp desktop and it converts at about double speed - ie an hour of video takes 30 mins. I'm very happy with it

and on a more zippy pc it takes about 13 minutes for a 2 hour video :(

Guest elDeeJay
For the WMVs use Windows Movie Maker, which you should already have on your PC :( it has a setting for Pocket PC full screen or something like that, it's really easy to use

Dunno about the Quicktime vids though :D

Im looking at it now, and there is a setting called "Windows Media Portable Device" in the 'Publish To' section, but that still has a resolution of 768x576 and a bitrate of 1Mb/s. Am i missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Im looking at it now, and there is a setting called "Windows Media Portable Device" in the 'Publish To' section, but that still has a resolution of 768x576 and a bitrate of 1Mb/s. Am i missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Can't remember off-hand but I'll have a look at my Vista box when I finish work, I think the option is there when you go to save the file

As steveoidm says, TCPMP is great for watching avi files, and it's free! Also search for PocketDivXEncoder (also free) to shrink them down to a Pocket PC friendly size :( it's a perfect combination

Ok the setting isn't there on Vista's movie maker :(

XP has it, Vista doesn't....that's progress eh?

It's times like this it's good to have an XP partition, I still find myself using XP most of the time