Tilt annoyance beyond belief

Guest mmac

Daily I get an SMS and my dam* phone's blacklight lights up and stays on. Is there anyway to change this behavior?

I do not want the phone to wake up when an SMS is received.

I posted this before but no one seemed to have an answer, hoping for better luck this time!

No I don't think there is a way, The backlight should go off after your specified time setting in Start>Settings>System Tab>Backlight

............2 to go............

I would try to change the the settings section in the notifications area. I believe you can make it not notify you of SMS's.

This is ridiculous. Mine doesn't even seem to go to sleep either. My phone is at 4% right now as I received an SMS about a voicemail I have at 12:50.

What a POS...There has to be a way...

So if i understand, you get an SMS sent to you and you dont want to be notified that it has arrived? the phone has to wake up to recive the message so no mater what your screwed there. the only thing you can do is turn off all the notifications and then make sure your timer for the phone powering off is set corectly. under the power start>settings>system>power>advance there is a setting for turning the phone off after a set amount of inactivity.