Email Sending Problems

Guest Dr Who

Weird problem has appeared on one of my phones. I have two email accounts set up; one an imap account with 1and1 and another a pop gmail account. Both send via SMTP and the 1and1 account does not use any fancy ports or settings. I can send messages from either account if they just include test in the subject line and body but if I try and send anything more substantial I get a timeout error on the gmail account and an unable to connect error for imap. I think it must be related to the server timing out but I can't find any settings for server timeout in the email settings. Can I change this in the registry somewhere? Or does anyone have any idea how to get round this? I just tried setting the DNS servers to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 to no avail but I am really starting to do my fruit now.

Is the problem the same regardless of your internet connection?

IE have you tried over wireless?

Hmmm, no I haven't although I will give it a try. I find it exceptionally odd that I can send very small emails, but nothing larger. I am also going to try using the same settings on my other handset and see whether it is hard reset time on the first one. If it didn't send at all I wouldn't be as annoyed!

Hmmm, no I haven't although I will give it a try. I find it exceptionally odd that I can send very small emails, but nothing larger. I am also going to try using the same settings on my other handset and see whether it is hard reset time on the first one. If it didn't send at all I wouldn't be as annoyed!

Must have been a software crash. Worked fine on my WM6 equipped handset and after a hard reset works find on the WM5 handset. Weird bug.