Would you buy a Graphite again?

Guest D_Web

I'm looking at new WM based phone but much prefer the candy bar style devices, which leaves me with very few choices. The Graphite can be picked up down here for around AU$300, which is pretty reasonable to me but I am still um'ing & ah'ing about whether it is worth it.

I've seen that O2 have provided UK users with an update to WM6 but there is no talk of this happening anywhere else in the world, which is pretty dissapointing in my opinion. If I did buy one I could risk it and try flashing it with the UK rom, but it might leave me with a brick - I haven't seen any sucess stories from AU.

Anyway, the big question - would you buy one again? I really want a WM based device for the seamless sync with Outlook and the like. I used to have a Qtek 7070 (old school now) and it had its fair share of problems, but overall it wasn't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyrkesmith

Yeah, I would. I think it's probably the most fully-featured candybar WM phone around, and although the build quality seems slightly poor, it's still a pretty good phone.

I would too. Its small, relatively discreet, powerful and has really proved itself as a worthy successor to the SP5. I got a 3 PAYG sim, and with the monthly internet addon, its been really good. Have to turn off 3G when not in use as it kills the battery. But with WM6 and internet sharing I can use it as a modem for my laptop or PDA. WiFi range not as good as the SP5, but I do prefer the joystick. I bought an uprated battery as mention on here somewhere, so the battery life has improved. I do seem to be getting a dust issue, so this may get worse with use.