T-Mobile to launch 'Touch Dual' as 'Touch Plus'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Monolithix

Yes but the Orange is a one off, for a specific prompt. www.mobilholics.com may have a few pointers but to be honest, deals tend to be very specific, rather than "bartering". But now we're getting into semantics :(

Guest bydandie
Ok, I just called T-mobile sales and the guy went and checked and then gave a pretty confident release date...18th of January. He said they wont have any information on costs until the 17th. Also it should be available 'across the board' i.e. in all the shops too.

Guest bydandie
Ok, I just called T-mobile sales and the guy went and checked and then gave a pretty confident release date...18th of January. He said they wont have any information on costs until the 17th. Also it should be available 'across the board' i.e. in all the shops too.

I hope so as after a faulty screen on my Touch 256Mb and a failuer to deliver a replacement for TWO days I am getting the Touch Plus as a replacement on release! Only a week to go now! :(

Edited by bydandie

Hi.

I called again yesterday just to confirm everything and to see if I could even preorder.

The lady on the fone said theres no release date whatsoever. When I quoted my earlier conversation she said she'd 'go and check' and then still came back with the same answer.

"It could be a month or two before its out, we just dont know", she said.

I'm not sure why they're saying different things, but just in case dont hold your breath for the 18th.

Apologies if I got anyones hopes up, I was only quoting what T-mobile told me.

Guest bydandie
Hi.

I called again yesterday just to confirm everything and to see if I could even preorder.

The lady on the fone said theres no release date whatsoever. When I quoted my earlier conversation she said she'd 'go and check' and then still came back with the same answer.

"It could be a month or two before its out, we just dont know", she said.

I'm not sure why they're saying different things, but just in case dont hold your breath for the 18th.

Apologies if I got anyones hopes up, I was only quoting what T-mobile told me.

Well according to this post the stores are showing information on it so calling the Oxford Street store might be helpful for more information.

Guest bydandie
Well according to this post the stores are showing information on it so calling the Oxford Street store might be helpful for more information.

Well couldn't get through to Oxford Street, but spoke to a Hampshire store and they have reported that there is still no date from the warehouse. A bit of a bummer but hopefully they'll release for January as there's still two weeks left.

Edited by bydandie

Guest Loconinja
Ah makes sense I guess. Obviously T-Mobile lack creative thinking to search for "Touch something-rather"...

I phoned yesterday, and the operator I spoke to was aware of the MDA Touch Plus, but could not give me an availability date.

Ok, please please dont take my word as gospel.

But I've called T-mobile twice today and both times they've told me the touch plus is available, and that they've had it from friday. Seems like the date I quoted earlier, 18th jan, was actually true just that some of their sales team were oblivious to this.

I've ordered one now (they've also got pretty good offers on at the moment, £5 off and free unlimited weekend calls on top of flex + WnW). I should get it by 1pm. I'll post back on here in the wonderful event that I do receive my long awaited touch plus tomorrow! I'm just scared they're gonna send a regular touch or a touch 256 lol.

If you guys want to give them a try, their number is 0845 41222 12

Good luck.

But I've called T-mobile twice today and both times they've told me the touch plus is available, and that they've had it from friday. Seems like the date I quoted earlier, 18th jan, was actually true just that some of their sales team were oblivious to this.

I've ordered one now (they've also got pretty good offers on at the moment, £5 off and free unlimited weekend calls on top of flex + WnW). I should get it by 1pm. I'll post back on here in the wonderful event that I do receive my long awaited touch plus tomorrow! I'm just scared they're gonna send a regular touch or a touch 256 lol.

Good luck.

I can confirm this too... just on the phone to them now discussing an early upgrade.

Edited by tomesy

Well couldn't get through to Oxford Street, but spoke to a Hampshire store and they have reported that there is still no date from the warehouse. A bit of a bummer but hopefully they'll release for January as there's still two weeks left.

Well I was in the Oxford Street store on Sunday and they have no release date details on this phone. They were guessing at early next month. The Leeds store on Friday had no information either. And the guy checked everywhere for me. He spoke to his manager, looked through all the paperwork and even went on to the company intranet.

Guest bydandie

Good luck.

I've just called T-Mobile and they have no stock or release date. Although the device is now showing on their 'available' list but no release date.

I've just called T-Mobile and they have no stock or release date. Although the device is now showing on their 'available' list but no release date.

Well I am holding a T-Mobile MDA Touch Plus in my hand right now. Its a beautiful fone (although my fingers are gonna have to get used to the touch flow system, keep hitting the wrong option in the menus lol).

Seriously though, if thats what the sales rep is telling you then they really havent got a clue, ask to speak to the manager. Because I called up yesterday, ordered yesterday and have an MDA Touch Plus in my hand right now. And its one beautiful, sleek fone. Blacker, slimmer and lighter than I thought. Beautiful.

Zach2k what contract did you get get? costs?

Hi. I got the Flex 35 + Web and Walk, plus the promotional weekend offer and £5 off deal they've got at the moment.

Basically for £32.50 a month I'm getting 900mins/1800texts, Web and Walk (pretty much unlimited net), and unlimited calls to any network every weekend. The touch plus handset was free.

I tried to get them to throw freebies in, but they're werent having any of it. They gave me free delivery though.

If its of any help to those struggling to get through to a t-mobile sales rep who knows about the touch plus, I called and ordered on monday between 5-6pm and spoke to a rep called Robert, he certainly knew about the touch plus and sold me one within minutes.

Guest bydandie
Hi. I got the Flex 35 + Web and Walk, plus the promotional weekend offer and £5 off deal they've got at the moment.

Basically for £32.50 a month I'm getting 900mins/1800texts, Web and Walk (pretty much unlimited net), and unlimited calls to any network every weekend. The touch plus handset was free.

I tried to get them to throw freebies in, but they're werent having any of it. They gave me free delivery though.

If its of any help to those struggling to get through to a t-mobile sales rep who knows about the touch plus, I called and ordered on monday between 5-6pm and spoke to a rep called Robert, he certainly knew about the touch plus and sold me one within minutes.

It may be that it's available for new sales and/or upgrades only at present. But I'll try again today. Have you noticed anything new about the software levels?

Guest bydandie

OK, have spoken to business support who can't see it. Then phoned the number in this thread and they eventually looked for the Plus when I said that I had a friend that got the Plus and she found it, said it was released and said it was out of stock. The saga continues....

Software wise, I really wouldnt be able to tell the difference considering I've been using a Nokia brick (62 something) for the last few months! Big difference from that definitely.

I got it on an 18month deal, they dont seem to want to know you these days if you ask for a 12 month one.

If its out of stock then thats one thing. If they're saying it hasnt even been released then they dont know what they're talking about.

Guest bydandie
Software wise, I really wouldnt be able to tell the difference considering I've been using a Nokia brick (62 something) for the last few months! Big difference from that definitely.

I got it on an 18month deal, they dont seem to want to know you these days if you ask for a 12 month one.

If its out of stock then thats one thing. If they're saying it hasnt even been released then they dont know what they're talking about.

The issue is that different depts have different stock levels and release dates when a new device comes out. Experience tells me that it usually goes to retentions, new sales, then customer services. I'm looking to get a swap out through business support (Customer services) as a goodwill gesture, so that could be the issue.

Guest Gasman2
OK, have spoken to business support who can't see it. Then phoned the number in this thread and they eventually looked for the Plus when I said that I had a friend that got the Plus and she found it, said it was released and said it was out of stock. The saga continues....

I was told some got 'into the system' and were released 'by mistake'... hmmm

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.