midlet replacement

Guest fusi

is there anything i can replace this frankly crap 'midlet' java environment with on my vario iii? its doing my head in asking for permission to access the net every 3 seconds whilst browisng :( also - how do i go about removing this vile incarnation from my device

I used the instructions on the following site for starters.

PDAPhoneHome.com - How to Disable Those Damned Jbed Permission Warnings

Keep in mind though, it will likely not work for the version of the Jbed runtime environment that came with your Kaiser/Vario III. I personally had to upgrade my Kaiser to the latest Esmertec Jbed runtime environment, then proceed with the instructions on that site for transfering the file "selector.utf" from the Kaiser to the PC, edit it, and then transfer it back. That cleared up the "permissions" issue. Then, however after upgrading to the new Jbed, suddenly I found out all my applications that were previously installed had gotten lost from the Jbed menu. Well, I ended up just reinstalling Opera Mini and Gmail and then found out that the shortcut no longer worked because, amazingly, the s0 and s1 positions in the Java cannot be reuused since it subconsciously knew there were apps there before. So, after reinstalling Opera Mini and Gmail they became s2 and s3 respectively, who knows why that happened.

Good luck, this one is hard to fix but SO SWEET after you get it working. Set the shortcut to a hardware button and voila.

Now, I have a question for the rest of you, how can I get URL links from E-mail to come up in Opera Mini given I already have a bookmark created and the permission warnings are disabled?

Edited by sliver