Sliding durability?

Guest victorecg

Guest victorecg

Hi Guys

I currently have a HTC s710 , which is a great great phone (A little bit sluggish but nothing an overclock can't solve). But over the time, the sliding mechanism on my phone has become loose, to the point it has become annoying as hell. it feels like my phone is two pieces handing by a thread. it is not even alligned anymore when in closed position.

I'm thinking about getting a Kaiser (More specifically the HTC TYTN II. which is the same, only "unbranded") . but i'd like to know before hand from hardcore users of this phone if the sliding mechanism is any better than the s710... or if you guys think that the mechanism can stand the proof of time and regular use.

Thanks in advance for your answer and time.

Guest weeerob
Hi Guys

I currently have a HTC s710 , which is a great great phone (A little bit sluggish but nothing an overclock can't solve). But over the time, the sliding mechanism on my phone has become loose, to the point it has become annoying as hell. it feels like my phone is two pieces handing by a thread. it is not even alligned anymore when in closed position.

I'm thinking about getting a Kaiser (More specifically the HTC TYTN II. which is the same, only "unbranded") . but i'd like to know before hand from hardcore users of this phone if the sliding mechanism is any better than the s710... or if you guys think that the mechanism can stand the proof of time and regular use.

I had the HTC Hermes previously and it didn't get loose in the year I had it. My only concern with the Kaiser would be the spring going but I don't think that'd be a major issue. Obviously only time will tell but in the 2 months (?) I've had it I don't think it's got looser.

Guest Transform

i have only had my vario 3 a few weeks but the sliding mechanism is great and seems very durable and i think it will last a long time so you have nothing to worry about :(

Guest victorecg

Thanks Transform and Weerob for your impressions :(

I'd like to know some more opinions about this !, please keep the them coming!.

I'm kinda touchy about this because if it wasn't for this lousy sliding mechanism the s710 has, i'd be my perfect phone for a long time.

:D

Guest KevinAlbrecht

Well, I don't even have one (yet), but I was a little remiss when I went into an ATT store, because their demo was kinda loose. I figure that was because those demos get run through the grinder...

Hi Guys

Come on Victoreg, can anything stand the test of time?I bet not even time itself.But come rain or sunshine the Kaiser is a durable Machine.Only yesterday my small daughter wrestle with my dog,each keeping one portion of the machine but nothing happened.SEE :(

Guest Richard Churchill

I've just recieved a Kaiser and am still using my S710, I was quite interested in the durability of the 710 when I recieved it and have to say I wasn't let down. The Kaiser feels more robust than the S710 did, not had it long but I'm optimistic about it's build quality.

Guest shadowrtype

I had to S710 for some time already and the slider became loose after 1 month of usage. It didn't really feel too solid when it was brand new, and the bottom portion eventually started to wiggle very easily. I now have a Tytn II and the slider is much more tight and stable without any room for wiggle compared to the S710. However, this is just 2 days of usage so far, and I hope this rock solid feeling lasts. I will report back after some more usage. My expectations are pretty high and the initial feel of it compared to the S710 has me thinking it will be better.

Guest Chris Hanley

I'm not sure the Kaiser has been around long enough to really know. I had an HTC Wizard for over 2 years (with a whole lot of use) and never had problems with the slider.

Guest victorecg

Hey hey , thanks for the appreciations and opinions about this subject again

Alkali, i know i know, nothing can stand against the test of time, but the s710 is a big letdown for me, because it felt like "2 phones attached with a rubber band" after about 6 month of non-hardcore use, i mainly use my phone to type my college classes (Crazy?, who knows).

Again, the TYTN II looks like an amazing phone, it even winks at me everytime i'm checking reviews and specs hehehe, nonetheless, i think i'll wait a lil bit longer to get better impressions.

as of now, it seems the sliding mechanism is much better than the s710 :( .

Guest guest7789

Has anyone noticed that when the slider is closed, that it is not as rigid? ie when I tap the slider at the bottom left or right it moves a little bit? I swear it was fine when I first got it, so I was just seeing if anyone else had it or whether I need to think about returning it.

Guest dobby156

i dont think many people will have had the kaiser long enough to be able to cast judgment on durability just yet, though i hvae had mine for 2 and a bit weeks now it feels sold i'm much more worried about scratching the screen as it is the center piece of the phone, only recently have i found case i might buy (see i somehow lost the original 1 which i quite like in the first day of having it, duh)

back to the sliding i think that the tilt is more likely to go. but over all the device seems solid go for it