remove outlook email from messaging app

Guest fusi

Guest dolbe666
yo

is there any way i can remove the outlook email account from the messaging app? i dont use it and its just in the way but it wont let me delete it! any ideas?

just how can it be in your way? just ignore it if your not using it. its not like its in the way of anything :(

just how can it be in your way? just ignore it if your not using it. its not like its in the way of anything :(

I find it gets in the way too. Pressing buttons, sometimes its there by default. would be really quite nice to get rid of it completly and not have to ignore it.

I've searched around and found out someone thought renaming one of the registry key folders for Activesync to ActivesyncX would take care of it, and that a side effect would be notifications would stop working. However, I tried doing this, even soft-restarted and the damn outlook mail account was still there, which I have never used or set-up by the way.

The reason some of us want this gone is when you cycle through your e-mail accounts and your SMS/MMS box by hitting the Messaging hardware button repeatedly to get to the account you want, having Outlook there when you never use it is really annoying.

I've searched around and found out someone thought renaming one of the registry key folders for Activesync to ActivesyncX would take care of it, and that a side effect would be notifications would stop working. However, I tried doing this, even soft-restarted and the damn outlook mail account was still there, which I have never used or set-up by the way.

The reason some of us want this gone is when you cycle through your e-mail accounts and your SMS/MMS box by hitting the Messaging hardware button repeatedly to get to the account you want, having Outlook there when you never use it is really annoying.

There is a reg tweak that 'hides' the Outlook account, and yes it does screw up all your notifications, Hard-reset is the only fix :D

Speaks from experience :(