Feel a little stupid.

Guest MisfitKiwi

Guest MisfitKiwi

I have been able to sync my email with outlook and all my email goes into 'Outlook Email' on my phone, however I cannot send from my phone, it puts the message into outbox and the send/receive is grayed out, why is this?

I have been trying for a while to be able to send email from my phone over wifi and the only way I have been able to do it is set up a seperate account but that means my email still gets synched to 'Outlook Email' and not the other account, how in the world do I do this?

Thanks.

Guest Neil5459
I have been able to sync my email with outlook and all my email goes into 'Outlook Email' on my phone, however I cannot send from my phone, it puts the message into outbox and the send/receive is grayed out, why is this?

I have been trying for a while to be able to send email from my phone over wifi and the only way I have been able to do it is set up a seperate account but that means my email still gets synched to 'Outlook Email' and not the other account, how in the world do I do this?

Thanks.

That is how it is designed to work and is a throwback to the days when most PDA's didn't have phopne capability, and to support those that are still simply PDA's. The Outlook Email account is the account which syncs to the PC, so there is no option to send/receive unless the device is connected to the PC. The only way around this for the Outlook Email account is to subscribe to a Microsoft Exchange hosted account.

If you want to send/receive without a PC connection, the only option is to create a separate POP3 or IMAP account. The downside of that is that you will have messages duplicated in both accounts when you sync.

Guest MisfitKiwi

Heh, that's a little shitty on microsofts part, especially considering the code to send email is already there, I mean what motivation for this is there? Couldn't they atleast provide a method to sync email to account X so you don't get duplicates and the sync messing up?

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to answer my question, much appreciated :(

Guest jimbouk

Without an exchange server - which gives you everyhting you ever wanted - the trick is to use your mobile device to access your email account via pop when you are out and about, so you have constant access and todays emails (which you can reply to), but sync a months or more email on your outlook account on the device.

Just set your pop email account to leave the message on the server, and to only download todays messages.

Guest MisfitKiwi

Cheers, I guess that will be the solution for now.

I may look into personal exchange hosting I've seen a couple of companies offering for ~$10 mo.

Thanks

Edited by MisfitKiwi