Brightness control?

Guest radioz

I'm loving my new Shadow (Juno), but I find the display brightness is too bright when in low light conditions. Is there some way to control the brightness? I'd like to conserve batteries as well.

radioz

Guest nickf123654
I'm loving my new Shadow (Juno), but I find the display brightness is too bright when in low light conditions. Is there some way to control the brightness? I'd like to conserve batteries as well.

radioz

Try the "Tornado Power Control"

Available here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?automodule...p;showfile=1640

It will allow you to control the backlight and the clock speed of the processor.

Hope this answers your question

Guest badbob001
Try the "Tornado Power Control"

Available here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?automodule...p;showfile=1640

It will allow you to control the backlight and the clock speed of the processor.

Hope this answers your question

I had tried a similar program called tornado low light, which just affects the backlight and not the cpu speed. While it's true that it does work, if you keep the application running when your device locks, it may keep the backlight on. You would then just need to close the app or run it again. It has something to do with how wm6 behaves slightly differently during power events.

You can create a shortcut to toggle it on and off and link it to a shortcut key. May help to save power for extended web browsing.

Guest punocchio

Neither work on the Juno/Shadow, get an error "OmapClock v0.2, Error: Initialization faild, Reason: can't map I/O" I'm starting to thing it's not the data connections that are sapping the battery life, but the brightness.

• 3 weeks later...