Favourite WM6 apps

Guest elDeeJay

Guest elDeeJay

Since getting my Kaiser I've been impressed with the range of software on offer. Ive installed the following which I would consider ‘essential’ or highly recommended for any Kaiser owner:

Touch Commander

TomTom

Slide2Unlock

GPS Utilities / GPS Info

Live Search

Google Maps

Opera Mobile

But my thirst for more killer WM6 apps goes on.

I was just wonder what everyone considered their favourite apps that are TytnII compatible?

Since getting my Kaiser I've been impressed with the range of software on offer. Ive installed the following which I would consider ‘essential’ or highly recommended for any Kaiser owner:

Touch Commander

TomTom

Slide2Unlock

GPS Utilities / GPS Info

Live Search

Google Maps

Opera Mobile

But my thirst for more killer WM6 apps goes on.

I was just wonder what everyone considered their favourite apps that are TytnII compatible?

Please check this website, i think Paul has made"Kaiser must have Applications"may be that will help.

Guest dolbe666

Resco Explorer

Resco Photo Viewer Pro

Resco Radio

Resco Audio Recorder

Netfront browser

Opera v8.65

Memmaid

Pocket Mechanic

PocketCM

Pocket Informant 2007

Pocket Player

PocketMusic bundle

DivX player

TCPMP

Tomtom

GPS Tuner

S2U2

Tweaks2K2.net

YahooGo

Viigo

SPB Insight

SPB Mobile shell

SPB Plus 4

Pocket artist

Pocket RAR

Live Search

google Maps

SPB Imigeer

Touch Commander

Sprite Backup

Sprite Terminator

Thats just about all ive got installed at the moment minus the Games

Edited by dolbe666

Guest elDeeJay
Please check this website, i think Paul has made"Kaiser must have Applications"may be that will help.

Indeed, but that only includes free apps afaik?

Guest dolbe666

I beta test for Microsoft so part of my beta testing includes testing compatability of applications with their applications at the moment its windows live messenger I'm testing. Ive use photo contacts also but must say that v4 had no problems but v5 seems to have some issues with the today screen going blank, just showing the wallpaper. Ive narrowed it down to that and maybe a combination of that and pocketmusic bundle 5. I'm still doing test senarios as to the exact incompatability. it may turn out to be both photocantacts and pocketmusic bundle with the problems. with both of them the earlier versions had no issues.

everything else on that list has passed with flying colours

Oh and windows live messanger has started having issues with syncing email. Microsoft are aware of this and are working on the problem.

Edited by dolbe666

Guest losimagic

Apart from sudoku, chess and checkers games i've found, I haven't been too impressed with the games available. Are there any must-haves?

I'm a bit odd when it comes to games, but like things which you can pick up quickly and put down quickly. For that reason I'm very much enjoying SPB's Brain Training. It's pretty interesting, quite fun, and you can stop at any point and pick up later, perfect if you have the odd couple of minutes that you need to fill.

Other than that, I have PDA Sudoku, CherryChaser (a slot machine sim, love those things..) and Kevtris, a very good Tetris game. So pretty boring selection really.. I will be watching to see if anyone has got some interesting ones that are worth playing!

Edited by lozzd

OneNote Mobile

Ok so you need OneNote on your main PC, but it is great for such a simple little app. Aside from writing Notes, it is great for taking pictures... (yawn you say)

But wait... Not only does the picture get auto-synced to OneNote, but OneNote also automatically does OCR on any text, which is then searchable from within OneNote.

So take pics of :-

A local takeaway menu

Cinema or Shop Opening Times

Local Papers Emergency Numbers page

Details and Price label in a shop

etc

And you will be able to find it later.

Not only this, but if you set up something like Hamachi on a group of PCs, and they all run OneNote, they then automatically get synced.

You can then tag and organise your picture and todos, and create a page of "To Do Whilst Out" items, drop it into the OneNote Mobile page, and you have a customised todo list for when you have your Kasier on you !

• 7 months later...
Guest Vascariz
Resco Explorer

Resco Photo Viewer Pro

Resco Radio

Resco Audio Recorder

Netfront browser

Opera v8.65

Memmaid

Pocket Mechanic

PocketCM

Pocket Informant 2007

Pocket Player

PocketMusic bundle

DivX player

TCPMP

Tomtom

GPS Tuner

S2U2

Tweaks2K2.net

YahooGo

Viigo

SPB Insight

SPB Mobile shell

SPB Plus 4

Pocket artist

Pocket RAR

Live Search

google Maps

SPB Imigeer

Touch Commander

Sprite Backup

Sprite Terminator

What is the benefit of Touch Commander on something like a Samsung i900?

Guest andrewkeith5

I don't particularly like touch commander, I much prefer using the HTC home interface tbh...My installed software list is:

TLR rom and all associated extra utilities

Google Maps

GPRS Monitor

Live Search

Messenger

MyMobiler

Opera 9.5 Beta

Pocket Nav (Ordnance Survey) 5

RealOne Player (severely designed for wm2003, and can't do landscape, but its the only RM player I could find for free)

Remote Desktop Mobile

RSS Hub

Sprite Backup

TCPMP (the recompiled version from xda-devs to make it WM6.1 compatible)

TomTom Navigator 6

Windows SideShow

WkTASK

youtubeplay

and AppToDate is part of the new ROM. This setup seems to be working well for me so far.

Edited by andrewkeith5