Skype on Blackjack II?

Guest enufwireless

Guest ptukhar
Has anyone tried installling and trying the Skype app yet?

I'm curious about that also. Already having issues listening to music thru a stereo BT headset.. It skips when I get an email same as it does on the BJI.

My guess is Skype will barely run. The Cpu on the BJI is 220Mhz. On the BJII it is 260Mhz........ Not sure if the Dual-Core aspect helps much..

I'm returning mine and getting the Tilt...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ttam123

I tried - Skype installs, however upon trying to call (even the test call), nothing happens. I think the problem may be RAM space ..

too bad :-(

I'm curious about that also. Already having issues listening to music thru a stereo BT headset.. It skips when I get an email same as it does on the BJI.

My guess is Skype will barely run. The Cpu on the BJI is 220Mhz. On the BJII it is 260Mhz........ Not sure if the Dual-Core aspect helps much..

Guest thelostsoul

I doubt it's ram space. Try running skype on a fresh reboot of your device (eg. ensure all apps are closed before running it). I'm able to get Skype to run on my Cingular 3125 with a 200mhz TI Proc. Not sure if I o/ced it, but I wouldn't have done so greater than 230 or so... on my phone, I was pretty sure the limiting factor was the EDGE, since it has no 3G...

I might be getting this phone for christmas though, so I'll give it a whirl if I do...

I doubt it's ram space. Try running skype on a fresh reboot of your device (eg. ensure all apps are closed before running it). I'm able to get Skype to run on my Cingular 3125 with a 200mhz TI Proc. Not sure if I o/ced it, but I wouldn't have done so greater than 230 or so... on my phone, I was pretty sure the limiting factor was the EDGE, since it has no 3G...

I might be getting this phone for christmas though, so I'll give it a whirl if I do...

Skype works on the BJI and II without overclocking but you need 3G for voice. It is not the greatest connection but it worked.

Does the sound come out the main speaker or the earpiece?

P

BJ1 (with leaked WM6): earpiece

BJ2: speaker

I tried it only once with both phones so far making a Skype call to Europe.

I'm having no problems running Skype mobile on my BJ2. Make SURE you are using the "Smartphone" version and not the "Windows Mobile" version from Skype's website.

FYI, I am able to get a wonderful connection with 3G, and a slightly wonky but acceptable one using just EDGE.

The sound comes out of the speaker only. I haven't tried a BT earpiece yet.

Good Luck!

MadSci

I really wish MS would sit down with Skype and fix the damned earpiece problem!

P

They probably don't want to P/O their customers - the cellular networks I mean.

Is the issue inherent in WM? or is it just something Skype needs to get on and fix?

MadSci

Not so fast! The BJ2 runs Skype perfectly. In a 3G area it's better than most landlines and even on EDGE it works kinda like a mediocre landline Skype connection - useful, but not perfect.

I don't have problems with playing music over BT to my Motorokr S9 headset. Yes it mutes when emails arrive but it's deisgned to do that in case you care about yout incoming emails in real time. If not, turn off the radio, or auto downloading or even just disable email notification in the Headset Profile.

MadSci

Guest KarlZuHoch

I installed skype, never got the test to work correctly and it ran a bit slow. Since then I tried using fring, had a bit of trouble with the registration part, make sure your on 3G with 3 bars before you try and register. Fring works great, talked to my girl last night. She was in Shangai on her laptop, cable internet connection. Small delay in her receiving my voice, but normal over all, and I could hear her clear as day (this is with out over clocking, i will try that tonight). She said she could hardly understand me, but considereing its china and we usually have bad connection even over my regular cell.. this worked fantasticly.

Edited by KarlZuHoch

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest at141am

Skype installed just fine and works well but I haven't found a way to make it use my jawbone ear piece. Does anyway know of a way to get skype working over the jawbone BT?

Thanks

-Aaron

Guest Nottach

I just installed it and called myself to test it out. I initiated the call from skype, my phone rang, took a while to ignore the call and return to skype but once i was on the skype screen audio sounded clear and i left myself a voicemail. Checked the voicemail and it was clear. Im in NYC using 3G.

It cost 0.021 cent per minute.

Edited by Nottach

• 1 month later...
Guest Hermia

i am at salt lake, one of the first batch of cities that got 3g. skype phone functions work great, even better than land line on the clarity. when it's on edge though, it is very choppy but i would say it's still usable. this works out great since all my family are over in hong kong and i can conference the call to them all.

• 5 months later...
Guest AntanaMaria

using appl IM+Skype at my BJII, runs perfectly, guess i've been using it for sev months for now and no bugs. the case it that i'm using it for calls in different directions, as my boyfriend is away and as a sailor, spending time in Africa and Europe right now. well, i could even call to Ghana( :lol: ) though his interent connection at laptop was not very good, we could hear each other)

Edited by AntanaMaria