In-Car Charger Horror

Guest gary.bannister

Guest gary.bannister

Hi Guys,

With the horror stories going around with in-car chargers frying the kaiser, I was wondering if anyone has got a reliable in-car charger working that doesn't fry the device, and charges whilst you have Navigation software running? I have seen the posts about the Brodit mounts, but I already have a holder, its just the charger i need.

Thanks in advance

P.S. thanks to all you guys for this forum i've finally decided to stop lurking!, its places like this that made me decide on the Kaiser. Your help is invaluable! :(

Guest pndragon

Its a good thing I saw this post. I was about to buy a car craddle+charger combo off eBay but thought I would ask you guys if you had any recomendations. Looks like maybe I'll venture out and pay the premium of buying the AT&T branded car charger for my Tilt rather than bother risking a random charger frying my unit.

Guest Dassler

I have had a look about and could not find much about this problem - a report on XDA dev. about a certain car charger but not a lot else is this a major concern??? Or are most cig lighter to USB adaptors safe for use (worked fine with my treo previously)