FREE CooTek TouchPal v1.0

Guest James

Screenshot.gif

Yet another touch pad for your Windows Mobile 5/6 professional device. Grab it whilst its free! I have been using it for the last few days on my WM6 Eten X500 and am slowly getting used to it. :(

TouchPal is an innovative software keyboard based on T+, a patent-pending input technology, which significantly improves the inputting experience on touchscreens of handheld devices. Check out the Youtube video below for a quick tour of the product.

Excellent Word Prediction

Tap the button directly to input with word prediction.
Dramatically reduce clicks needed to input words (e.g., type "ack" for "acknowledge").
Precise Input

Slide left/right to precisely input a specific letter.
If you want to input password, URL or names, you may switch to precise input mode by either
- Go to "Help Option" and select "Precise input mode", or
- Slide up on the BACKSPACE button.
Instant Punctuation Input

Slide down to input a specific punctuation.
Easily input punctuations without any view-switching.
Instant Case-Switching

Slide up to perform an in-place case-switching.
Instantly switch to uppercase/lowercase without view-switching.
Associated Words Input

Press predicted word, slide down to bring up "associated words" list.
Press predicted word, slide left/right/up to input v.+ed, v.+ing and v./n.+s directly.
Easily input an associated word. E.g., "implement" -> "implementing".
Drag'n Drop Layout

Drag'n Drop the "SPACE" button to the left/middle/right.
Drag'n Drop the "BACKSPACE" button to the left/right.
Magic BACKSPACE Button

Tap for "BACKSPACE".
Slide down for " ENTER".
Slide left to clear the entire word.
Slide up to turn on/off precise input mode

GRAB IT FROM HERE

Guest xorangefirex

I've had it for a few days now, and I'm just glad to be able to do some one handed texting on my kaiser. Although the purpose of it was to allow me to multi task (text and drive) (Not safe) it has been slow going getting used to it. I hope once a week or so go by I will have gotten used to it, and will be able to text with one hand quickly and effectively. Thanks for the link though. Much appreciation.

Guest Sonicr360

Hmmmmm well im struggling with this :-(

What I would like is a keyboard, that looks like a phone pad, that can be used easily and one handed.

Dont seem to be able to change the layout of the pad to accomodate a normal mobile phone keypad.

Anyone?

Guest chucky.egg
the purpose of it was to allow me to multi task (text and drive) (Not safe)

You think? :(

I've tried this for about a week and gave up.

The theory is nice but, on my Touch at least, it was just too awkward.

I'm thinking about trying Tengo Thumb next, but TBH I still use the standard keyboard with the edge of my thumb with surprising success. It can be a bit awkward when changing gear or indicating, but hey... :D

Guest bananas78

Move this post if required.

I download and installed the touchpal cab to storage card, soft reset the device and went into settings>input and selected touchpal.

trouble is it will not change to touchpal, bizarre though only the keyboard option is available, the block reconiser, transcriber, etc are available but cannot change to them.

SPV M700, orange, happens on my friends phone aswell

???

Guest Sonicr360

Similar problem with TyTN II

Install in Main Memory, soft reset seemed to help. Do find occasionly that I need to reset the device more than I used to before this was installed.

Guest creamhackered

You gotta install it to the main memory. Never had a problem with this. V 2.0 will be out by the end of the month - definitely gonna purchase it :(

Guest NuShrike

There really isn't a point to 1.0 IMHO. It has a resources bug where it becomes unavailable as a SIP after a short while meaning you can select it, but only the default keyboard pops up.

It's been many months since a fix was promised, so don't bother with this version.

Guest creamhackered
There really isn't a point to 1.0 IMHO. It has a resources bug where it becomes unavailable as a SIP after a short while meaning you can select it, but only the default keyboard pops up.

It's been many months since a fix was promised, so don't bother with this version.

I've never experienced this...!

Guest Confucious

Just seen this. Free version still available, maybe you could change the thread title James?

The default SIP problem has been arround for ages and affects lots of input methods and, I believe, there is a fix available at xda-devs so I'm not going to let that stop me trying it out!

• 1 month later...
Guest shiningbird

CooTek has released the TouchPal v2.0, TouchPal Professional, which is even better than TouchPal v1.0 and also supports multiple languages input. Actually it seems that the animation in your original post has changed to be the TouchPal Professional. :)

The TouchPal Professional is not free but they still have a standard version which is free, and which also has a lot improvement from TouchPal v1.0.

They have a special promotion before Feb. 1st. You can get the TouchPal Professional with only $10.98, 45% off the original price ($19.99), and At The Same Time, you can buy one get one for Free. You can check out more from their website: http://www.cootek.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.