Tytn 2 camera and videoplayback?

Guest Foxhunter123

Guest Foxhunter123

Hello all :-)

I've used the search but cannot find what I'm looking for - sorry if this is a double post...

I'm planning to buy a Tytn 2 but have just read on another forum that the camera really sucks... And that is partly because it switches to night mode when the light conditions are not perfect...

Is this true and if yes, is there a way to fix this isue?

The next is that the Tytn 2 doesn't have 3d accellerator (I've read) and therefore is bad in videoplayback, games etc.

Is this true? and again is there a way to optimise this?

Last there is the battery - when not playing with all the toys in the Tytn2 but use it normally - how long will the battery last then?

I really hope you will find the time to answer these questions :-)

The first two points are basically true, but a little overstated - I find the camera's quite usable and takes nice, bright, detailed shots - the viewfinder's just a little laggy indoors/in low light, that's all.

Video playback isn't the best I've seen, but it's acceptable for me. Possibly it might be improved in a future update, but if not it wouldn't bother me too much.

The battery gets better with a little conditioning - mine averages about two days now on a full charge, with what I'd consider "normal" use, but of course mileage varies. The more 3G/HSDPA/Wifi you use, the faster the battery will drop, as with any mobile really.

Guest dobby156

as abv the camera doesnt suck and rape that of the i phone it just has a bit of shutter lag in low light. but if you have a nice bright shot the quality is actaully very good.

and in comparison to other PDAs this does quite well at the old Viddy playback and as a pocket game i play quake regualary and that quite fun. ok not like a pc would but better than bubble breaker.

dont let this small point stop you getting a kaiser. there are so many more pros, (customisable, powerful, HSDPA...)

camera seems to always be in night mode - in bright conditions however, the camera is really very responsive

anything higher than about 900kbit/s stream and youll get lag on video - there is no hardware accelerated 2d buffer which means its blitted by software hence high cpu hence limited framerates at high bitrates - it does however play reasonably sized films just fine (ie my device can handle a max of about 950kbit/s before lag/jerkiness becomes apparent - that tbh is testament to the rather beefy cpu) - i want to see hardware acceleration very much but the device is still very usable without it at present

Guest dperren

A thought on the camera - the display becoming 'laggy' indoors isn't really the fault of the phone. In order for the sensor to take a picture, there needs to be a certain amount of light hitting it. This amount of light is obviously decreased indoors, leaving you with two options: up the ISO speed, or increase the exposure time - or more likely, a combination of the two. The latter is more desirable to a degree, as it doesn't introduce noticeable amounts of noise into the picture - but it does mean things will be getting bluury unless you're holding the camera still.

And to be entirely honest, if you want to take decent pictures: go and buy a camera! You're never going to get a great picture from a cameraphone because there isn't the space to put any decent optics.

In my experience the video function is lagy as hell but taking photos it has surpassed my expectations.

try using "center button" to take photos instead of the camera button... it's less laggy

Guest cheshire_carper
as abv the camera doesnt suck and rape that of the i phone it just has a bit of shutter lag in low light. but if you have a nice bright shot the quality is actaully very good.

and in comparison to other PDAs this does quite well at the old Viddy playback and as a pocket game i play quake regualary and that quite fun. ok not like a pc would but better than bubble breaker.

dont let this small point stop you getting a kaiser. there are so many more pros, (customisable, powerful, HSDPA...)

So I could play Quake on my Kaiser? How do I set that up?

• 1 month later...
Guest CyberArty

Video:

If you want to take video indoors you can use the front cam. It is much faster in low light. Just drop you saturation to 1, contrast to 2, in Advanced->Adjust otherwise the colors is a bit messed up (on mine anyway). And drop the EV to -1.0.

The only drawback is that you can't really see the viewfinder because it is the same way as the cam :) . But if you just point the camera in the general direction it actually works pretty well, and the quality isn't that bad either. And if you take video of yourself you can actually see yourself :D .

Picture:

If you want to take pictures indoors (this is gonna sound wrong) drop the EV to -2.0. This will make the picture slightly darker, but that will increase the shutter speed, which will make the picture less blurry and more sharp. If the light is too low however this has no effect at all.

I have also found that the contrast is too high in general. I have changed myne to +2 for outdoors and +1 for indoors in Advanced->Adjust.

And if you really want to play around try putting the sharpness to +1 and then sharpening the picture with photoshop after downloading it onto your pc. Because photoshop's sharpening techniques is much better than that of the TyTn2