reinstall of NAVIGATOR 6

Guest mildlymad

Guest mildlymad

I currently have a xda exec with tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed and working fine.

At work we may well be upgrading all of our xda exec's to xda steller will I be able to unistall my NAVIGATOR 6 from my exec and reinstall on the steller?

I've done some googling and not really found a definative answer

thanks,

martin

Guest Neil5459
I currently have a xda exec with tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed and working fine.

At work we may well be upgrading all of our xda exec's to xda steller will I be able to unistall my NAVIGATOR 6 from my exec and reinstall on the steller?

I've done some googling and not really found a definative answer

thanks,

martin

It depends on whether you have used Navigator on any other devices than your Exec. TomTom allow one further activation of a map after the initial one, so as long as you have your original product code you should be OK.

Install the TomTom software on the new device, then copy your map folder to the storage card. When you run TTN for the 1st time you will go into the Activation wizard for whichever map you load. Elect to activate manually, make a note of the Device Code then go to www.ttcode.com. On there, select UK activation, enter your Product Code. This ought to take you to a page showing your existing (Exec) device Code and a space to enter a new Device Code, Enter the new one, and you'll get an Activation Code to put into the Stellar.

If you've already used both allowed activations, you need to email TTN support and ask for a new Activation Code. If you can supply them with a proof of purchase for the new device, they should issue a new Activation Code.

Guest mildlymad

Thank you for the reply, that's some good news then.

I have only installed once and I do still have all of the paper work for the purchase.

thanks,

Martin

Guest Neil5459
Thank you for the reply, that's some good news then.

I have only installed once and I do still have all of the paper work for the purchase.

thanks,

Martin

Good luck then! Might be worth going into ttcode.com for a test run, without entering any new data (which obviously you don't have yet:) )