Unable to lock phone after a call

Guest Trombone

Guest Trombone

Hi guys

I have the T Mobile MDA Vario III and think its a great phone, however....

I have noticed that I am unable to lock the phone after I Have received a phone call. For instance I click on the today screen plugin and select the padlock icon and nothing happens phone does not lock.

If I leave the phone alone for about 20 minutes it will eventually lock. Not very practical when you want to just buzz it back in your pocket and not make random calls etc...

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? I have performed a hard reset yet the problem came back, I only have a few apps installed so dont think one if these is the culprit:

KeePass

Google Maps

Live Messenger

NoData

de-Brand

Thanks in advance

TB

i just had this happen to me the otherday. i turned the screen off (via the power button) and turned it back on and it powered back up locked. i thought it was just a fluke but it may be an issue.

Guest Trombone
Do you have a lock code on the phone?

No lock code on the phone except the one imposed by my exchange server...I dont think that is causing the problem - all I know is that when I press the padlock the phone does not lock it just goes back to the home screen. I either have to wait or reset the phone!

Is this happening to no one else then? Could I have a fulty handset (though I doubt this as it behaves itself in every other situation!)

Thanks

TB

So you do have a code when you turn on the device, the one imposed by the exchange server. That will be the problem... The locking system is *seriously* buggy on this phone for some reason.