No service on unlocked handset

Guest buddyc

I'm Sure this has been asked, but for the life of me i can't find it on forums. I just got a T-Mobile MDA Vario II from my younger brother, like an idiot he lost it (discovered down back of sofa) and has now given to me, ive unlocked it, and am using an o2 pay as you go sim, it worked fine for a day untill this morning where i now have no service on the phone, could this be due to him reporting it lost? if so anyways around it? sry for the noob questions but im used to an old school nokia (size of a small house), just can't work out why it worked, then didn't. i've tried a hard re-start, re run the unlock software, can select o2 from service list, just doesn't do anything. if anyone can help i'll be eternally grateful. many thx

Guest Neil5459
I'm Sure this has been asked, but for the life of me i can't find it on forums. I just got a T-Mobile MDA Vario II from my younger brother, like an idiot he lost it (discovered down back of sofa) and has now given to me, ive unlocked it, and am using an o2 pay as you go sim, it worked fine for a day untill this morning where i now have no service on the phone, could this be due to him reporting it lost? if so anyways around it? sry for the noob questions but im used to an old school nokia (size of a small house), just can't work out why it worked, then didn't. i've tried a hard re-start, re run the unlock software, can select o2 from service list, just doesn't do anything. if anyone can help i'll be eternally grateful. many thx

If your brother reported this stolen its an odds on bet that T-Mobile have blocked the IMEI, and passed the info on to other operators.

If he claimed on the insurance, theres no way around it as the phone then technically belongs to the insurer. If he didn't claim, he may be able to ring T-Mobile customer services and have it unblocked, but he will have to go through hoops to prove he is the original rightful owner.

If your brother reported this stolen its an odds on bet that T-Mobile have blocked the IMEI, and passed the info on to other operators.

If he claimed on the insurance, theres no way around it as the phone then technically belongs to the insurer. If he didn't claim, he may be able to ring T-Mobile customer services and have it unblocked, but he will have to go through hoops to prove he is the original rightful owner.

Cheers as I thought then, and yes he's claimed, and got the new model, still thou handy device for wi-fi when out and about, and maybe its time I upgraded the house brick :(

Thanks for your help, apprieciated.